Home

will this be the last year of college football exlusive

This is a discussion on will this be the last year of college football exlusive within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: will this be the last year of college football exlusive

i hope 2k does'nt take that lisence
Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #34
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollins8
that's the point. they allow customization so you can put all of the stuff in. i was googling "college football sims" or something like that and bowl bound college football came up. it is a text based sim of the game (kind of like head coach, but for college football). i was reading that it is what they do with that. people make logo patches, you can rename teams/conferences/trophy's etc. so you don't have the "official" logos, but you can get things pretty close to the "licensed" stuff
ah, i hear what youre saying now...still think i want the license tho
Old 06-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #35
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcreeper
i hope 2k does'nt take that lisence
is there a particular reason you'd rather have it in EA's hands instead of 2k or SCEA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #36
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Why would anybody want a company to have the exclusive rights?

Motivation to improve the product would send NCAA to new heights. And I probably wouldn't be playing any other college game unless it offered a capable alternative to Online Dynasty.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #37
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

I hope that the license isn't renewed. Not so much because of a bias towards Ea, 2K or SCEA...I just think the competition would help improve the genre overall...and make the long waits for the next version of the game much more interesting.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #38
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I am pretty sure EA wll resign the contracts before it ends. EA makes way to much money off of ncaa football for to simpley let it go. EA will keep on making ncaa. Trust me they will.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 13

I think what may happen is there won't be an exclusive carrier of the NCAA license after this year, but EA will still make a college football game, and since it's expensive to get a license, other game companies just won't bother to purchase it. Therefore, EA will still be the only game in town; they just don't feel the need to throw the money at exclusivity because no one else has any intention of making a college football game. It costs a lot to develop and companies are scaling back at this point, not looking to start new franchises. The NFL license is different, because they stand to make a lot of money on that (especially by keeping competitors out of the game), but at this point they have are effectively the only game in town without spending money to guarantee that.

Having said that, how great would it be if 2K threw their hat in the ring? Everyone should just throw out any reference to the college football 2K series, as that was obviously an add-on throwaway trying to squeeze more cash out of the NFL2k engine, and never a priority for 2K. The REAL accurate comparison is NFL 2K5 - look what they can do with licensed football when it's a priority. Look at NBA2K. I might even be able to be at peace with the Madden NFL monopoly if 2K had a college football game, because then at least I'd have 2k football in some format. I think they could do a killer job with NCAA 2k football, if college hoops were any indication.

Of course, the reality of that happening? Zero, probably. I'm sure if 2k had any intention of getting back into the sports gaming game outside of their NBA, NHL, and MLB games, they'd have made some sort of arrangements to do so by this point. Even if they wanted to get back in the game, it'd take them a year or more to get their stuff together enough to release a product....

In the end, wishful thinking. EA will probably re-up an exclusive anyway when it's all said and done. We're stuck with EA NCAA for a few more years at least...
Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 13

You know who could use this license? Backbreaker.
A man can dream...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »