Home

Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?
Yes, and certainly not worth $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #26
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
They don't have the same budget, but charge the same price. Your expectation should be on value. If it doesn't provide the same value as other $60 games then the decision should be easy from a consumer standpoint.

All they had to do was fix a few things for NCAA 2009 to be a very good game. For me(In no particular order:

1. AI throwing too many interceptions. And Worse Pick 6's because of the WIIIIIIIIDE OPEN game play.

2. No AI Deep ball.

3. AI play calling was brutal with the Cement Shoe Shuffle. A QB with 60 speed repeatedly running a QB choice play.

4. Automatic FG's. Please make it harder or bring back the button system

5. Fumble replays. No suspense, if the booth replyed it, it was over turned every single time.

6. Speed. The game was broken after 1 year. A team of 2* freshman speedsters could destroy USC, Florida, etc. WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE Open.

7. Penalties. Have the sliders actually work. I want to see more penalties.

If they fix the above, the game will be worth $60, if not, it will be worth considerably less to me.
That makes sense but it will never happen, or at least not from EA (A price drop from EA for NCAA).

It's a no win for EA though.

If they focus on addressing the issues from the previous game first then take whatever time is left over for new features then some people will say it's NCAA 9.5

If they roll out new features and don't address any old issues then people will get mad, "How can you implement new features when the game is broke????"

I'm of the 1st mindset which I'm sure you would agree would make the most sense. Once online dynasty was introduced I had all of the features/modes I needed. I just needed the gameplay to be fixed since I don't play random online games or any other mode beside dynasty.

I've conceded all of my expectations for NCAA and am planning on going to a "countryboy" mind-state. I'm gonna try to enjoy the game for what it is and not what it isn't. I'll still voice my opinion on the game (especially if I lose to you in our OD) but I'm adopting the "it is what it is" motto.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #27
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Any disappointment I've ever had with sports game has been because of glitches, bugs, or poor tuning by the development team.

The pejorative "X.5" term gets tossed around all the time, but there has never been a new version of a game that I didn't see 15 or 20 new or different elements in the game.

If you sincerely feel that a particular version of a game is "X.5", and still pay full retail price, then that is on you, not the company who made the game.

Don't cry about needing your football fix, that kind of sentiment is for little girls. You think they're ripping you off, don't pay, move on to something else.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 30

NCAA 09 with everything fixed would be a worthwhile purchase for me.

However, since NCAA 2004 I've beenburned every year except for 06 with some major problem or another.

I'm sitting the first wave of purchases out. Once the "SERIOUSLY WTF EA!!!!" is known, I'll make my decisions based on that. If it's bad uniforms or lack of features like 07, I'll probably buy it.

If it's god awful gameplay like 2005, 08, or 09, I won't.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

You could easily argue every sports game on an annual cycle is just X.5. The Show 09 is a great game that has a few annoying glitches but I could easily make the argument that the game did not change much from '08. In fact, that series hasn't changed very much from a core gameplay standpoint or from a feature standpoint the last few years. Because the core gameplay is so good, people can overlook the small improvements every year (or if it's so good, big improvements may be impossible).

But with NCAA 09, there were quite a few problems so I think many are just disappointed knowing that everything won't be fixed in one year. But it will be improved. Just how much is the real question.

The one thing NCAA has going for it is lowered expectations. The Madden team has really inflated expectations for their game. NCAA fans may be happier than they realize at release.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
To me, NCAA 09.5 isn't worth $60, maybe $45 though.
That will be the gamefly price as soon as it is release.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 29

I can't waiit for the game and I think it's going to be great. i don't buy this 9.5 stuff either I think it's improved as much as a game can in one year. obviously i'm in the minority there and that's okay i even seem to be the only one pumped that shotgun snaps won't always be on target this year, but maybe it's because i used to play center in hs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
For those that absolutely hated NCAA 09, the new game may not be for you.
Yep, looks like another year of anger for people like me. Hopefully I'm wrong though. Games like these are the reason I love Gamefly. If it sucks again, I'll just send it back and move on to something else until Madden. Won't blow 60$ on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »