Home

Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
You're correct, I could have sworn seeing those last year though.

My bad... I think I was thinking of Gopher BBall
The only time recently the gold tops were sported was one game in '07 against Ohio State when Brewster pulled them out, so you might have been thinking about those. But when we got the new unis this past season, gold tops went out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #66
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I was more so saying that about the stadiums. As for unis, I don't know what the schools approved/reported back to you, but this is what I could think of..

Mizzou Gold tops
Minnesota Gold tops
Tulsa red tops
Oregon Black out tops
CMU new unis
Minnesota and Tusla asked us to remove the gold and red tops, respecitively.

Mizzou's gold tops are there. There is a bug in TeamBuilder right now that has they sorted as an away jersey but that will be fixed soon.

The Oregon ones are the ones with wings? We only have home/away/alts... no special or throwback jerseys this year.

The CMU new unis didn't get announced on time. We DO finish the game at some point.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #67
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

So far this game has been a mixed bag for me.Everyone's biggest gripes were gameplay and a lack of a CAS or FCS/HBCU teams.

Yeah. Improved gameplay is needed. Yeah. Teambuilder is cool.

But my biggest complaints were lack of presentation and player equipment. Someone said on a forum last week that team specific entrances/post-game celebrations don't add/enhance the atmospshere of college football.

Imagine the Vols running through the T or TTU's Masked Rider or FSU's Chief Osceola, etc, etc, etc. I remember watching tOSU vs Michigan last year and I saw their band (one of the best in the nation) perform before the game. I'm obviously not a Buckeye fan, but that sent chills down my back.

Maybe it's because I am a Mizzou fan and they are second in my heart, but this ish has gotten old. Has no one from EA Sports watched Mizzou play? They've been in primetime oh iono...7 times in the last two seasons. Or seen highlights of Daniel or Maclin on Sportscenter? Ever? Every single player on that football team wears revolution helmets, and only TWO of the facemasks they wear are in the game. There are at least 6 facemasks that, for the 2nd year in a row, are not in the game(I'll cut them some slack on previous games, but Mizzou has been a revolution school for 4 years now. It may seem unimportant to most, but I'm really getting tired of having to change every single helmet/facemask on every single Mizzou player. Little things.

But, I'll prolly end up buying this game b/c I love college football almost as much as life its self. Whatever.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #68
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
Minnesota does not have gold tops. Only maroon and white. We do have white, maroon, and gold pants, which I do believe are now in the game though.
Oh yeah, that's right. Minnesota asked us to remove the gold tops from 09.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #69
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

You know what I find funny? If any company (and we'll use EA in this example) took a yearly game, NCAA 09, and just updated it, fixed the bugs, added new unis, new rosters and tuned the heck out of it, people would complain that it was a $60 patch.

But if EA took NCAA 09, made a new game, or built off of 09 and added new modes, nea features and did their best to tune any exisitng bugs, but pretty much only pimped their new mode and gave us a decent yet buggy game, people would be mad they paid $60 for a broken game.

So which is it? what do you guys want? A fixed game, i.e. NCAA 09 with the bugs gone, the glitches fixed and essentially the same game error free? Or a new game that has tons of new features but may bring tons of new bugs? They cant win

And for the record, im not defending EA, or saying they went either of those two ways. Im not a big online dynasty guy, nor a big CAS (or teambuilder) guy, even though it seems like a neat feature. So for me, offline dynasty, got some tweaks, and hopefully game play fixes. If its NCAA 9.5 and they fixed the gameplay, which, lets face it, is what matters, Im happy. I dont want colored shoe laces if they dont fix playcalling etc.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 29

Over on strategies they're discussing the play clock. will the play clock cut from 40 to 25 like last year or does it actually count all the way down from 40?

Edit: nvm russ answered in another thread

Last edited by moylan1234; 06-08-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
But my biggest complaints were lack of presentation and player equipment.
My #1 & #2 things for 2011.. if these get addressed, my complaints stop cold turkey plain and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #72
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
You know what I find funny? If any company (and we'll use EA in this example) took a yearly game, NCAA 09, and just updated it, fixed the bugs, added new unis, new rosters and tuned the heck out of it, people would complain that it was a $60 patch.

But if EA took NCAA 09, made a new game, or built off of 09 and added new modes, nea features and did their best to tune any exisitng bugs, but pretty much only pimped their new mode and gave us a decent yet buggy game, people would be mad they paid $60 for a broken game.

So which is it? what do you guys want? A fixed game, i.e. NCAA 09 with the bugs gone, the glitches fixed and essentially the same game error free? Or a new game that has tons of new features but may bring tons of new bugs? They cant win

And for the record, im not defending EA, or saying they went either of those two ways. Im not a big online dynasty guy, nor a big CAS (or teambuilder) guy, even though it seems like a neat feature. So for me, offline dynasty, got some tweaks, and hopefully game play fixes. If its NCAA 9.5 and they fixed the gameplay, which, lets face it, is what matters, Im happy. I dont want colored shoe laces if they dont fix playcalling etc.
I hear ya, but you hafta understand where I'm coming from about the player equipment. It's just frustrating and a lack of attention to detail, and it bothers me. I didn't say anything last year, but this year? No. No excuses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »