Home

The Teambuilder Rosters may be final, but the Game will have DIFFERENT rosters.

This is a discussion on The Teambuilder Rosters may be final, but the Game will have DIFFERENT rosters. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #73
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Teambuilder Rosters may be final, but the Game will have DIFFERENT rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
I just cant believe EA would fail to give teams atleast some of their incoming freshmen. I can't fathom that the rosters could really be as bad as they appear on TB.

It is ruining the game for me it is mind blowing. And I can't add players to my created teams, which means I will have to add one of those generic TB base rosters to get 65 players. Hence I will have to re-create my entire team which could take 5 hours or more. I would just like to know why EA is doing this?

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 06-09-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Teambuilder Rosters may be final, but the Game will have DIFFERENT rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
Guys it's pure and simple and very easy to make a point, DON'T BUY THE GAME! I think this maybe EA's last go around anyway, hopefully 2K comes to our rescue.
dude i really hope this is ea's last go around. i'm tired of these less than average football games that they've been spittin out these past 4 years. granted 2k's college game wasn't all that good but i have no doubts if they was able to make one now it would blow ncaa 10 clear outta the water.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #75
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Let's try to be a bit more mature and focus any criticism on the game, instead of personally attacking EA employees.
Amen to that. Some of the stuff being posted is simply childish and trolling.

As for the freshman, I believe people have been counting around 62 players per roster. That leaves roughly eight spots for frosh to be put in. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the Big 12 rosters (conference specific dynasty) and will add the 09 recruits that should exist. I only noticed around four or five incoming freshman per roster in past years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #76
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
lol, I didn't know anyone HAD to buy NCAA. Speak by keeping your wallet shut, if you feel so strongly.

What is head of EA supposed to do:

Employee: "Here are the sales figures for NCAA10"

pres "Wow great, they increased again"

Employee " Yes, but sir there is a problem"

pres " Whats that"

"There are people in various corners of the internet complaining about the quality of our products. They are really angry"

pres " What did you say about those sales figures again? **** those basement dwellers, we're gettin money. HOLLA"

The bottom line is what matters at the end of the day. Once their money is messed with they will take notice, believe me. If you feel strong enough about NCAA this year then DONT BUY IT.

Bingo. You win. This is exactly right.

If any of you aren't happy with the final product (after you give it a fair shot with a rental of course ), DO NOT BUY IT. It only leads to more complacency on the part of EA and the dev. team. "Vote with your dollar".
Old 06-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #77
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

The NCAA team needs an overhaul and it shows, another lackluster product this year full of gimmicks with only one real cool feature to talk about which Ian helped design (He deserves a pat on the back)

Madden got an overhaul within the team and look what its done in just a years time, look at how involved their lead designer (Ian) is involved in the community.

Where is NCAA's lead designer? Ben Hamsock or whatever his name is has just got to go every year I see him pushing a new gimmick in videos rather than any new legit feature or gameplay addition and its sad, why should NCAA have to suffer? Why Should Madden and NCAA have two totally different gameplay styles? They shouldn't they should play the same physics and momentum wise but with a couple minor differences.

Now Im sure we will get Protak in NCAA next year but for some reason, something in me tells me its going to be on the same momentum system and with the same crummy physics unless this team gets canned and rebuilt for NCAA 11.

Here's to a promising game next year, and what we can maybe salvage out of this year. This is going to be the first year I don't pick up NCAA, and its sad to say because I really like the mix and match uniforms, but thats just not nearly enough.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #78
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Well Rutgers has 65 players, and after, and prior to me editing the team there were only a handful of Freshman. I was able to add 3 Freshman from Players no longer on the team, combine that with the 4-5 that were already on the TeamBuilder, I should be able to get between 11-13 Freshman in the game.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #79
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
The NCAA team needs an overhaul and it shows, another lackluster product this year full of gimmicks with only one real cool feature to talk about which Ian helped design (He deserves a pat on the back)

Madden got an overhaul within the team and look what its done in just a years time, look at how involved their lead designer (Ian) is involved in the community.

Where is NCAA's lead designer? Ben Hamsock or whatever his name is has just got to go every year I see him pushing a new gimmick in videos rather than any new legit feature or gameplay addition and its sad, why should NCAA have to suffer? Why Should Madden and NCAA have two totally different gameplay styles? They shouldn't they should play the same physics and momentum wise but with a couple minor differences.

Now Im sure we will get Protak in NCAA next year but for some reason, something in me tells me its going to be on the same momentum system and with the same crummy physics unless this team gets canned and rebuilt for NCAA 11.

Here's to a promising game next year, and what we can maybe salvage out of this year. This is going to be the first year I don't pick up NCAA, and its sad to say because I really like the mix and match uniforms, but thats just not nearly enough.
I agree. Though I am going to buy ncaa because I am use to it. It needs to be redone. And the leader designer for CNAA does need to get more involoved like Ian has done with madden people. I would love to see more interaction.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

Kane, honestly, you only need to fire the head guy. Everyone else just listens and must follow his instructions. They can protest, but it isnt worth them losing their job over it. Drop the head guy and put someone who is passionate about the game at the helm and watch what happens.

I put money that 80% of the Madden team is unchanged from last year. Change the head and the body will follow or something along those lines

All I know is NCAA2010 is off my buy list until something is done.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »