Home

Maybe the devs can give us this type of interaction...

This is a discussion on Maybe the devs can give us this type of interaction... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #17
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Maybe the devs can give us this type of interaction...

There's two problems with this:

A. EA doesn't care enough about NCAA to give the devs the freedom that Madden has.

B. The NCAA devs don't care as much about NCAA as Ian does Madden.

C. They don't want to do that because they know they'll keep adding gimicks they'll get flamed for instead of improving the game. They're keeping the motto of, "Let Madden do it first, so we can just port over the code. That way, we can put cool stuff in like SS!"

Personally, I think it's a bit of all. Mostly C.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
Presentation & Graphics
1. More real-life atmosphere & emotion: Sidelines, injuries with trainers, chain gang measurements, referees, student section being extra hyped in pre-game. Pre-game team enterances and fanfare, with the bands as well. Make pregame feel festive and true to the college atmosphere.
2. Make every game feel different: Post-game celebrations based on type of win (could be even more hyped when winning a big, or rivalry game vs just a regular win). Blow out big games (i.e. Non-conference games against an FCS team (no offense to those fans) should feel way different than rivalry games, or the BCS title game), better BCS championship celebrations.
3. Commentary needs a true fresh lift, not just an update. I don't mind the trio plus Erin Andrews, but it needs a rehaul. It needs to be replaced or re-recorded. Speaking of Erin Andrews, maybe actually kick it to her on the sidelines for reports rather than just a popup screen with her voice-over.
4. More animated gear: Towels, handwarmers, chin straps, all that junk that was added in Madden, add it here as well.
5. Degradation: Sliding marks in the snow, better field degradation.

Gameplay / Animation
1. Deliver a more compelling 1-player experience - fix CPU play-calling bugs, make them much better at running the ball, get rid of "robo-QB", have them adapt and change to match what you are running.
2. More sliders and options - CPU sliders, game speed, fatigue, injuries
3. OL/DL re-vamp - Edge rushing, more double teams, more accurate chips, less "suction", true pocket forming
4. WR/DB re-vamp - More interaction downfield, better head tracking, only play the ball that you see.
5. Signature styles & animations: Passing, running, kicking, etc. Obviously in NCAA, you can't have "signature styles", but having multiple styles for QBs and kickers, etc, will give the game more life.
6. Much more animation variety: More tackles, catches, swats; replace animations that have been around for a long time
7. Pro-Tak please.
8. New ratings, make existing ratings matter more: Along with making them more prevalent, also possibly expose what each one actually does. New QB ratings are highly requested
9. Re-vamp kicking: Universally agreed that it's too automatic and not very stressful.
10. Make user-catching easier: With the removal of strafe catching, many people are struggling to user catch and would like it to be balanced so you can still "go up and get it"

Game Modes
1. Online Franchise: Self Explanatory (Online Dynasty already in affect, so ignore)
2. Better / More Robust Franchise Progression: Self Explanatory (Progression tweaked in NCAA 10, might already be done)
3. More Dynasty features and new UI: General consensus is just to focus a bunch more time and add more new stuff that was similar to what was in legacy gen. The mode feels un-touched, and everyone wants a big update.
4. Remove the fluff, focus on the core: Things like Season Showdown aren't well liked and aren't heavily used by the community
5. Highlight Show in Dynasty: You could cover the top 25 results, or your team's conference results. Go over major recruiting commits, or preview upcoming big games. Highlights would most definitely be preferred as it will enhance the show.

General
1. Good rosters (at least be remotely accurate as far as graduated players being out and some freshmen being in). While I'm at it, make it a full 85 man roster as well if at all possible.
2. Formation Subs
3. Custom Cameras
4. Defensive Assignments
5. In-Game Saves

I took the list and actually made it more NCAA centric. Some of that stuff I'm sure is in NCAA 10, but much of it isn't, so I just left it as is.
+1

And i think that most of us can live without the mascot game, season showdown and the little mini games such as horse and bowling and whatnot in order for NCAA to have every one of these features listed above..... lets see it happen

(But keep strafe on defense, it would be miserable to play DB and not be able to move with your shoulders parrallel to the line)

Last edited by KLKapone11; 06-10-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

That thread is pretty amazing. I like it when the developers actually interact with the online community instead of trying to sell the community on what to like.

Here's the 1 thing I want.....

A NCAA team that looks to the gaming community to improve their games.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Old 06-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
That thread is pretty amazing. I like it when the developers actually interact with the online community instead of trying to sell the community on what to like.

Here's the 1 thing I want.....

A NCAA team that looks to the gaming community to improve their games.
LOL yea because who honestly from the Gaming Community asked for SEASON SHOWDOWN? hmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
There's two problems with this:

A. EA doesn't care enough about NCAA to give the devs the freedom that Madden has.

B. The NCAA devs don't care as much about NCAA as Ian does Madden.

C. They don't want to do that because they know they'll keep adding gimicks they'll get flamed for instead of improving the game. They're keeping the motto of, "Let Madden do it first, so we can just port over the code. That way, we can put cool stuff in like SS!"

Personally, I think it's a bit of all. Mostly C.
No.

Much more likely scenario is that the NCAA team believes that the average gamer would rather play Madden 09 than Madden 10. They feel Ian is making a game that's "too hardcore".

You don't put in the hours these guys do without caring about the product. They care. They just don't think a Madden 10 style of NCAA will fly with the fans. They still see us as the loud minority.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #22
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, I hope they realize that the loud minority is about to jump ship because some of this is getting ridiculous.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskeraddict
Well, I hope they realize that the loud minority is about to jump ship because some of this is getting ridiculous.
Or form a militia
Old 06-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well the DEVs need to more interaction liike Ian and his crew did this year with madden fans. The more interaction the better the game can become.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »