Home

NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 10 Rosters

Adam, Russ--thanks for the info. I know I wouldn't want to be the bearer of news like this.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Hey guys... so we are aware of the issue with no (or few) freshmen on some teams in TeamBuilder and yes the same issues are found on the NCAA 10 disc. Does this mean that the disc is set for pressing?

Over the past few days, one of our top priorities has been investigating solutions. Should be #1... I sincerely hope that there is nothing else this major... on the list to be fixed

The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This is fine, no problems here.

This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues. So basically it went like this at EA:

EA Roster Guy: Just finished the top 5 rosters!
EA Guy 2: Teambuilder is ready for launch, are the rosters final?
EARG: Yep
EAG2: Sweet, send'em over
EARG: Done

EA announces Teambuilder site launch................ someone realizes that the teams are jacked. W

EA: Lets just roll with it as they can create all the teams themselves... anyways.

SO IF THE DISC ISNT FINALIZED AND SET FOR PRESSING.... HERE IS HOW TO FIX THE DAMN ISSUE.... CLOSE DOWN TEAMBUILDER.... DELETE ALL THE TEAMS CREATED SO FAR.... FIX WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE FIXED... FIRE THE ROSTER GUY.... FLY THE COMMUNITY ROSTER GUYS DOWN TO THE OFFICE AND LET THEM DO THERE MAGIC!!!.... RE-ESTABLISH TEAMBUILDER SITE AND RELEASE THE GAME PROPERLY THIS YEAR FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! /end rant

We understand the concerns with how this can affect Dynasty mode and Online Games, so we are working hard to have a solution in place before launch on July 14th. ^^^^^^^ SOLUTION ABOVE

-Russ

There you go... RUSS
Old 06-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
Rookie

SchruteFarms's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for the update guys. Good Luck finding a remedy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #36
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think that makes me feel better....how about fixing the rosters and just starting TB over?
People will be mad about the teams they already made disappearing. EA seems to be in a lose-lose at the moment.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #37
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
We cannot comment on any ongoing lawsuit.

And no it is not an ideal situation... I wanted to come on here and say we already have a solution in place; but it's taking longer to figure everything out then we expected.

Right now we are exploring every angle to get this addressed before release.
Here's an idea. Let us edit the rosters through Team Builder and we can save it as a roster file and upload it onto NCAA 10. That way, those who are working on rosters for the community have a month in advance to get the rosters as close as possible.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #38
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I wouldn't be against dumping all the current created teams on team builders website and then updating the rosters.

This is at least a start.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #39
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
People will be mad about the teams they already made disappearing. EA seems to be in a lose-lose at the moment.
I agree, it's a tough spot.

I think that the rosters should hold priority over a week of TB created teams, so IF they could just start TB over with the right rosters, I think that'd be the best solution. Not a great one, but the best one.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
Here's an idea. Let us edit the rosters through Team Builder and we can save it as a roster file and upload it onto NCAA 10. That way, those who are working on rosters for the community have a month in advance to get the rosters as close as possible.
doesnt solve the online play though. as rosters will be set by the game disc

i am thinking that dumping all teh teams is the easiest method to do... we can always create again... you cant create a new disc roster again that easily

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »