Home

NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #65
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA 10 Rosters

I just want this question answered.

How does this happen roster wise;

You have players who have never signed LOIs or Walked On to a school, but they make the roster? You have a player who signed THREE YEARS AGO, and his career was ended by an injury.

He wasn't on the default roster in NCAA 09, but he finds his way onto NCAA 10?

I can understand not graduating players, but how does someone take the time to add a player that hasn't played in 2 years...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #66
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I think 99% of us would like to know the following.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
1) When do you have to submit the game to MS/Sony for certification? In other words, is there time for the solution to be part of the retail disc?

2) If it cannot be part of the disc, would a roster patch override the original rosters and therefore become the default roster file? This way the patched rosters would be available for online matchups.

3) If the roster fix indeed turns out to be a patch, when do you think the update would go live? I know a lot of that depends on MS/Sony certification, but at this point would launch day be possible? Would July be possible?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
It is not as easy to just "get rid of all the TeamBuilder teams" and that would fix the rosters. And frankly I do not want to rush into a choice we can't take back... hence we are going to take a bit of time and get the best solution possible for everyone, that seems fair (and the right thing to do) to me.
Actually, question about this. So you stated this in the OP:

Quote:
The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues.
Why does it matter if we use a template roster? Cause what if I took the Cupcakes and then edited that roster a whole bunch, wouldn't the depth chart be way off anyway? Like, say I made the QB1 worse than the QB2 for whatever reason. I presume the depth chart would still make QB1 better? If the concern is the depth charts will be screwed up, I say that's kinda minor in the scheme of things. Now, if it makes the game blow up, then that's a whole nother thing lol.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #68
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

If it can't be fixed on the disc would it be possible to get the game to certain roster ppl and perhaps pay them to make accurate rosters or something like that?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #69
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I bet well over half of those team created on Teambulder are bogus and the users won't even use them on the game once. Another several thousand of them are people who will use them for a game or two before realizing why they never used create-a-school to begin with, it's fake and boring. Another several thousand would gladly re-do their teambuilder schools for the sake of having legit rosters.

There may be 50,000, but it isn't a "legit 50,000."

I can't believe we'd sacrifice good rosters for the 100s of thousands if not millions that buy the game to save the 15,000 or so MAYBE legit team builder users.
I think so too. The team I created was just to test how things would come out. There is no doubt the majority of people would rather have correct rosters and sacrifice their created teams. We can easily re-create our teams and uni's, on the other hand, it's gonna be a !#@*% to fix these rosters.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #70
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

I appreciate the honesty and response(s), but this news makes baby Jesus cry.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 12

One more thing, how long does it really take to create a team on there? The people who created a roster for a reason more than likely wouldn't mind doing it again for the sake of getting rid of horrible rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Probably wont be picking this game up early I'll wait untill some rosters come out out. Il'' be playing FNR4 till then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »