Home

We should all wait and buy NCAA 10 used

This is a discussion on We should all wait and buy NCAA 10 used within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #73
Rookie

ehovUOfan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: We should all wait and buy NCAA 10 used

I think that EA should see that NCAA and Madden are complimentary to each other and should be worked on a little more equally. They shouldn't focus all of their developers on one game and leave the other ones hanging. To me, EA has done this to most of their games. Madden seems to be the only one that gets worked on while games like NCAA and NBA Live are left to languish in a state that turns a lot of people off. I say that if you make the games almost equal in gameplay and presentation, people would want to buy both instead of just buying the one that seems less cr@ppy that year.

I haven't bought a NCAA game since the 2008 version because they haven't improved it to a point where I can honestly say I need to have it. 2010 was shaping up to be version I wanted to buy for my PS3, but the roster issue is really forcing me to reconsider that. I don't want to have to download a correct roster when it should have already been on the game disc.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually wait a week to see if I can find it used somewhere, or maybe a friend won't like it as much as he thought and I'll get it from them.

You get to scout your draft classes for Madden .. that's enough for me ..

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Old 06-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #75
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
The problem is that if you want to use TeamBuilder, you can't buy the game used.
Big whoop. I still plan on renting the game (and getting into a Wisky dynasty when the roster situation is handled) - along with Madden, Fight Night and all other sports games because I'm kinda disappointed by 'Next Gen' sports titles I have played that are not named MLB 09 the Show. They just have not been worth the $60 price tag IMO. I've gone without CAS for what...four years now? It's cool that they finally added it on the 'Next Gen' version (albeit a somewhat limited CAS that's only available via the internet instead of just being in the actual GAME like previous versions), but at the same time, it's not enough for me to go out and buy that game at full price when considering all the other errors. If worse comes to worse, I'll just try the ps2/xbox version instead.

Last edited by WisconsinSports414; 06-11-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 7

I am on the fence regarding purchasing NCAA 10. I will not say it sucks as I have not played the game, but the various media and information to which I have been privy about this title do not incite enthusiasm and optimism. From this vantage, the changes seem about as drastic as correcting the spelling and grammar in a twenty-page essay: important, but it doesn't change the essay in and of itself.

I'm just bummed-out. College football is where it's at, and a company that makes video games and has a money bin the likes of Scrooge McDuck... simply fails to utilize its resources and the rampant fervor for the sport in an effort to bring college ball to gamers. A crying *** shame.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #77
Pro

This roster thing is the last straw for me. I'll either buy it used a few weeks later, not buy it at all, or maybe I'll dust off the ol' PS2 and get that version.

And about EA completely scrapping the series if the sales go down... they did it to the Nascar game this year (which they also have an exclusive license with), so it's possible. Even though NCAA sells a lot more than it did, it could happen. I'd hate to see it go down like that since I've played EA football games for so long, but I would like another company to at least be able to come in and push EA. Madden seems like they are getting their act together and really make that game great over the next few years while the NCAA team seems to be ok with the stagnation of it's franchise. I think the only hope for them to get it turned around is if the 'casual fans' start to complain, because we don't seem to have much influence.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #78
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

I laugh so hard at the posters moaning that ea don't care because of the roster issues. Do you guys not realize that they are not suppose to put out rosters that are just like the real ncaa. For years they have gambled and provided rosters with the likeness of college players and ratings. That opened up the scenario where college players like keller can sue to make a buck. Games are 60 bucks but they were 50 when games where on nintendo and genesis. So the price argument is a joke. If you have major issues with the rosters then don't buy and move on. Ea can can the series and no other company is going to chance it by putting real rosters just for the small percentage of moaners in the os forums.

I will buy the game because I am a football fanatic and I got madden coming next. But for people to say that they hope ea is not scared of a lawsuit is pathetic and shows that you are not the one with the lawsuit hanging around the neck

Ea sells a college game which has the ncaa license and they give you that. But they don't have a license for players because is illegal to make money of somebody else.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love how people automatically assume bugs are a result of laziness. When you're a developer working on two games simultaneously and have less than a year to put them out (Ignoring the time taken to work on patches for old titles), you don't have a lot of time to catch every little issue. Once you have hundreds of thousands of people playing the game (or in this case, looking at the rosters), they're bound to find a few bugs you didn't find. That's the great part about next-gen systems, we can get those issues fixed.

Before people make claims about how developers are "lazy" and are "amateurs", they really should try programming for a bit. You'll realize that even great developers are going to have bugs to work out of their code.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #80
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

Quote:
Do you guys not realize that they are not suppose to put out rosters that are just like the real ncaa.
You sound pretty confident for a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

The tops schools have accurate rosters "just like the real ncaa". (THESE ARE THE TEAMS PEOPLE CARE MOST ABOUT. PEOPLE ARE MORE LIKELY TO NOTICE TEBOW, PRYOR, BRADFORD, ETC). Other schools, take UVA as an example, have 0 freshmen. Hawaii's seniors skipped graduation this year to come back and play, Western Kentucky has the 2004 Roster uploaded on their team FFS.

So I guess EA decided to **** on the lesser known teams (but keep the BCS teams accurate) to not add flame to the Sam Keller lawsuit. Ya that makes sense

Last edited by Happyvally74; 06-11-2009 at 09:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »