Home

Homerism - EAs downfall?

This is a discussion on Homerism - EAs downfall? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Homerism - EAs downfall?

I have never seen so much homerism in my life when it comes to video games.

Every roster and rating in other sports titles from EA are usually fair but this group consistantly upsets the consumers with overating teams like FSU or only accuratly rating few teams like USC and Florida.

I understand Russ is an FSU alum but do you guys think that with the homerism EA has in NCAA that it will eventually be their downfall?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Homerism - EAs downfall?

No, people will still buy the game no matter what.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicanes504
No, people will still buy the game no matter what.
This.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

RU_Goo's Arena

OVR: 5

I know what your saying about the homerism but until another option is out there you have no choice.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc0KE

Every roster and rating in other sports titles from EA are usually fair but this group consistantly upsets the consumers with overating teams like FSU or only accuratly rating few teams like USC and Florida.

I understand Russ is an FSU alum but do you guys think that with the homerism EA has in NCAA that it will eventually be their downfall?
How would this be EA's downfall? Because ratings for 4-5 schools are higher/lower than the average person thinks they should be? Its a difference of opinion. I dont see how that would lead to EA or even the NCAA game being banished or how it leads to their downfall.

It might be aggravating, but things like, not allowing timeouts, counting a touchdown as 4 points, or putting a hoop in a football game might lead to their downfall.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Homerism is not NCAA's downfall... Its lack of attention given to details that actually relate to the game of football. That & their undying fetish for gimmick after gimmick.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc0KE

Ben is the FSU grad.

Name one other team that is consistently overrated. Please do. I bet you cannot because you simply read someone else complaining about FSU.

If you had not read that Ben (in your mind Russ) was a FSU fan this would be a non-issue. One team is possibly overrated and now suddenly you say this is the downfall of the entire NCAA series?

Talk about being over dramatic.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
How would this be EA's downfall? Because ratings for 4-5 schools are higher/lower than the average person thinks they should be? Its a difference of opinion. I dont see how that would lead to EA or even the NCAA game being banished or how it leads to their downfall.

It might be aggravating, but things like, not allowing timeouts, counting a touchdown as 4 points, or putting a hoop in a football game might lead to their downfall.
It won't be EA's downfall but the guy has a point. How can they account for ranking a middle of the pack ACC team as one of the highest teams on the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »