Home

Has size been the limit?

This is a discussion on Has size been the limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Has size been the limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Like Adam said, its art audio and video. I dont think the online features take up as much as they provide..I could be wrong, but thats the way it seems
Yeah, if we were ever to do a two disk solution, one of the disks would contain a lot of the art and audio. I've never worked on a two disk game... they are pretty rare for consoles, so I don't know all that goes into doing it.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Wow! We have about 2 gigs of commentary. But the the Show is on PS3 only. If we were only on PS3, I would crank up the sample rate on the commentary as much as I could... wouldn't surprise me if we hit 10 gig with it.
This is the kind of statement i like to hear Adam!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Like Adam said, its art audio and video. I dont think the online features take up as much as they provide..I could be wrong, but thats the way it seems
ok but the way i see it, if disk space is distributed among two disks there would be more options opened. He said that ART AUDIO and VIDEO take up the most space right? well think how much ONLINE/OFFLINE features can be improved through ART, AUDIO, VIDEO and GAMEPLAY without their counterparts taking up disk space

maybe even be able to up comentary to 5 or 6 with the extra space? right?
(just a suggestion)

Last edited by KLKapone11; 06-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Good to hear. Obviously equipment is more than just art, but it obviously involves some amount of it, Also do cutscenes count as videos?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Also do cutscenes count as videos?
No.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #14
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

Lol.... so is the "2-disk" option a good idea or no? i know it might seem like a big money waster, but think about how much can be done with the game then! also it would enlighten fans of the ncaa franchise
Old 06-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #15
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

I think a 2-disc game would be a pain. You'd essentially have to swap discs before every game (I'm talking about every time you take the field). Also, I'm not even sure how you could split it up. You'd pretty much have to load all of your assets for the game before the game starts, which turns it from a disc space limiting factor to a memory limiting factor... Maybe there is a solution, but for a football game, where it isn't split into levels that get loaded individually, it doesn't seem that it would work too well IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
I think a 2-disc game would be a pain. You'd essentially have to swap discs before every game (I'm talking about every time you take the field). Also, I'm not even sure how you could split it up. You'd pretty much have to load all of your assets for the game before the game starts, which turns it from a disc space limiting factor to a memory limiting factor... Maybe there is a solution, but for a football game, where it isn't split into levels that get loaded individually, it doesn't seem that it would work too well IMO.
Um no.

disk one is the base disk. when you load it up, its options are for only OFFLINE MODES such as classic PLAY NOW, or DYNASTY or CAMPUS LEGEND.... or minie games and whatnot

DISK TWO ON THE OTHER HAND when loaded up, it's main menu would would be like NCAA 09's XBOX LIVE MENU. so from the main menu, one can choose to play a quick match, go to the lobby, online dynasty and ea locker and whtever else i cant think of..

essentially it is the same game just one used for online and one used for offline..... and rosters can be transferred between disks easily by hard drive. with the added disk space, think of how much can be utilized and how deep the team will be able to use ESPN... idk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »