Home

Has size been the limit?

This is a discussion on Has size been the limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Has size been the limit?

Precursor-I own an XBOX 360 and a PS3 and i prefer the 360 for gaming and the PS3 for BLU-RAY

Due to EASports not using the whole disc space on PS3, by all means which makes sense not to set a console preference, will we not truly see the "total" college expierience until we can use more space. It seems as if the developers have to spend time trying to figure out a disc space issue, and from what I've heard Adam mention, it is going to be very tricky next year. Now i fully realize we can use certain things as DLC and certain things such as web based apps ala Teambuilder. My point is, will we not see the total package until they are able to use more disc space, its like trying to feed your whole school with one pizza, there just isnt enough to go around. And for your next school down the road to try to feed everyone with one, and having 500 more not being eaten.

NOTE: I am not bashing EA, The devs, The mods, or Microsoft or Sony, just posing a scenario.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Has size been the limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Precursor-I own an XBOX 360 and a PS3 and i prefer the 360 for gaming and the PS3 for BLU-RAY

Due to EASports not using the whole disc space on PS3, by all means which makes sense not to set a console preference, will we not truly see the "total" college expierience until we can use more space. It seems as if the developers have to spend time trying to figure out a disc space issue, and from what I've heard Adam mention, it is going to be very tricky next year. Now i fully realize we can use certain things as DLC and certain things such as web based apps ala Teambuilder. My point is, will we not see the total package until they are able to use more disc space, its like trying to feed your whole school with one pizza, there just isnt enough to go around. And for your next school down the road to try to feed everyone with one, and having 500 more not being eaten.

NOTE: I am not bashing EA, The devs, The mods, or Microsoft or Sony, just posing a scenario.
Well, TeamBuilder being put on the web wasn't a solution for disk space. Disk space is not a limiting factor in a lot of things. Where it does come into play is art, audio, and video. Those are what really take up disk space.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

The Show has 10gb of commentary, how many gigs does ncaa have?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

Thanks for the Response Adam, I assume Stadiums make up a good bit of the art, I just assume there is more we could do with more disc space...which is obvious

Just another Question how does disc space look for next year from an early outlook ?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

OVR: 3

Hmmmm well if this is the case EA should offer 2 disks in the case. maybe on disk one it can be the "Base" of the game with all of the PLAY NOW and offline features, but then have disk two for ONLINE FEATURES..... that way we can have more detail in the game and much much more equipment options without having to worry about disk space.

inform me if i am off topic or ignorant about the issue, but from reading the above comments and the forum issue, this is what came to mind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
The Show has 10gb of commentary, how many gigs does ncaa have?
Wow! We have about 2 gigs of commentary. But the the Show is on PS3 only. If we were only on PS3, I would crank up the sample rate on the commentary as much as I could... wouldn't surprise me if we hit 10 gig with it.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

Like Adam said, its art audio and video. I dont think the online features take up as much as they provide..I could be wrong, but thats the way it seems
Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Thanks for the Response Adam, I assume Stadiums make up a good bit of the art, I just assume there is more we could do with more disc space...which is obvious

Just another Question how does disc space look for next year from an early outlook ?
Stadiums are about 10 meg each, and we have over 150 of them on the disk.

For next year, we know it is going to be a concern and we will find a way to deal with it. There are lots of things we can do to find disk space, so from a design perspective I'm not worried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »