Home

Dynasty Mode - Pay real money for advantages?

This is a discussion on Dynasty Mode - Pay real money for advantages? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #209
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Dynasty Mode - Pay real money for advantages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
If the "suits" forced them to do this then that shows no integrity from the development team. If I were to develop a game such as this I wouldn't want it cheapened by DLC like this. Maybe they are making enough money for them not to care about the quality of their product, but I personally wouldn't allow something like this on something I made.
Sorry bud, the real world doesn't stop for integrity. Your mortgage and car payment can't be made with nobility.

Suits seem to have made this idea. Devs just do what they're told. You can only do so much when you don't hold the checkbook to the company's bank account. In the end, it's all about making $$$ for THE MAN.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #210
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
In industries where you actually create art I think your integrity has to come in to play somewhere. You only see sell-out musicians and actors making horrible music or movies. Whereas, the actors and musicians you really respect are the performers who are in it for the art and not the money.

If I were in charge of a game like this and I was approached with this idea by my superiors I would tell them they need to hire someone new to be in charge of this because I want "my guys" to be concentrating on the game and the changes I wanted to implement.

Also where I work my boss doesn't tell me what to do. There is usually a discussion about any changes that need to be made with our work because we actually have respect for each other. I don't know where you work but if my boss ever "told me" anything he wouldn't have any employees.
L out L!

99% of the actors and musicians you have ever even heard of have "sold out".

Selling out is not bad. It's necessary unless you like playing free gigs on the Starbucks patio.

PS. I didn't single you out, your writing style just stuck out to me.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #211
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Couple of issues with this. The fact that it pertains to ALL dynasty teams (offline and online) with no restrictions is ridiculous. That makes absolutely no sense.

The other, is what has been brought up already. How are we focusing on items like this, and Season Showdown when there are other GLARING issues. It's a matter of trying to create an authentic game that plays well vs making a game that is feature rich, but not done.

The core of the game is gameplay, and should be the focus EVERY year. Instead, we get gameplay tweaks (i.e. bug fixes from year before with a few innovations like WR slips) with the good time being spent on items that not everyone uses. Recruiting tweaks? Why put man hours into this and Season Showdown (quiz game and all) when some people flat out dont care? We all care about gameplay because we all use that. Lets get the priorities figured out.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #212
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
1. I love the post. Well put without being to abrasive.
2. Maybe that is the problem. They know they have us. Why do they need to do anything to land such an easy target?
Not me, not this year. I am going to play the wait and see approach.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #213
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

This is a joke right? And everyone is just over reacting?
Old 07-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #214
Rookie

GetBuff's Arena

OVR: 5

I laughed and so did my friends when we saw this in the game.

With that being said the joke is EA putting this in the game and the biggest joke of them all is not having restrictions for online dynasties. The commish should at least be able to turn these off/on but that cannot be accomplished.

Way to go EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »