Home

How does Strategic Playcalling work?

This is a discussion on How does Strategic Playcalling work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: How does Strategic Playcalling work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
No harm done, if I didn't have thick skin I wouldn't be here.

We want to give everyone something to be excited about in NCAA 10, me personally I'm a big game-play/Dynasty guy... and both have gotten a lot of love this year.
Cool. That's good to hear about game-play/Dynasty. Could you give your opinion on how 10 will be more difficult vs the CPU or even a human opponent compared to 09? Challenging may be the proper term.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
HAHA! Let me grab the PM I sent about this... I suppose it was only a matter of time:

Long story short... Was a joke.

Long story long... Every year when we get down to our final few months I've grown (not well mind you) some facial hair. Well this year I had to go back on the PR trail and decided I didn't want to shave it all off, so did what you guys got to see.
Well... I expected someone in our marketing/pr teams to say something to me about it and I would have to shave it. They didn't so I decided to keep it the whole year at least until someone did just to see how long I got away with it (and it was about 2 months), no one did until our Studio GM did at E3 last week.
So I've already lost the side burns and the rest will likely be gone soon (to the cheers of the girl)

-Russ
That's unfortunate. I think your chops were better than Erin Andrews being in the game..

Okay maybe not that far but whatever
Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #19
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
A lot of people are only going to focus on what they don't like and just forget/ignore the rest of the positive stuff... just go look at all the blogs I wrote for example, tons of game-play and dynasty stuff was worked on this year. It's just at this moment in time we are focused on the negative (Rosters ). I can't do anything more then what is going on, we know the issues we are working to try and fix them. But that just is not going to be good enough for some

NCAA 10 is a good game, I'm sad that a few issues are the focus point on the forums.

I was not really complaining with my post per say I just liked your list of favorite features. I did not mean to imply that there are not other features that are excellent adds. The adjustments of the recruits 40 times is a good one, athelete adjustments are going to be good, layered blending,....etc I was just saying that your favorite features are elements that I think enhance the game more than some of the others. The negativity must be tuff to deal with on here with all the passion that exsists for the game. I Hope you guys can fix the rosters.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 06-12-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
HAHA! Let me grab the PM I sent about this... I suppose it was only a matter of time:

Long story short... Was a joke.

Long story long... Every year when we get down to our final few months I've grown (not well mind you) some facial hair. Well this year I had to go back on the PR trail and decided I didn't want to shave it all off, so did what you guys got to see.
Well... I expected someone in our marketing/pr teams to say something to me about it and I would have to shave it. They didn't so I decided to keep it the whole year at least until someone did just to see how long I got away with it (and it was about 2 months), no one did until our Studio GM did at E3 last week.
So I've already lost the side burns and the rest will likely be gone soon (to the cheers of the girl)

-Russ
Thats hillarious- " to see how long I could get away with it"
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Cool. That's good to hear about game-play/Dynasty. Could you give your opinion on how 10 will be more difficult vs the CPU or even a human opponent compared to 09? Challenging may be the proper term.
Yeah sure, I'm already here later then I'm supposed to be tonight (I'll likely be getting that "where are you?" call soon).

Between all the coverage changes and adaptive AI the defense makes for a tougher opponent. You really can't abuse the same plays over and over in NCAA 10. Now granted I've still been able to just pound the ball up the middle on lesser opponents, but attempts go from like 9-12 yards to 3-6 really quick.

I actually had a hard time winning some games on All-American using SMU in a dynasty I started a while back. And I couldn't simply load up on freshman in season 2... couldn't get anything over a 4* really and they weren't rated in the 80's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #22
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Yeah sure, I'm already here later then I'm supposed to be tonight (I'll likely be getting that "where are you?" call soon).

Between all the coverage changes and adaptive AI the defense makes for a tougher opponent. You really can't abuse the same plays over and over in NCAA 10. Now granted I've still been able to just pound the ball up the middle on lesser opponents, but attempts go from like 9-12 yards to 3-6 really quick.

I actually had a hard time winning some games on All-American using SMU in a dynasty I started a while back. And I couldn't simply load up on freshman in season 2... couldn't get anything over a 4* really and they weren't rated in the 80's.
That is very good to hear. If the cpu can make me get out of my comfort zone then there definitely has been a great deal of improvement made. Thanks for the time. I understand the woman thing. You'd better go and take care of her. We may bitch a lot, but you don't have to go home to us. LOL. Just wait until you're married. Drink some beer this weekend. That's my simple request.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 38

Since Adam said he started workin on 11, can you give us your mantra for next year
Old 06-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #24
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

What about an actual pass rush? Can you get decent pressure with four guys? The videos we have seen have not been encouraging TBH.....

And why not add momentum to the players or stretched out ratings? The latter seems to be perfect for CFB to differentiate the talent of a MTSU and an Oklahoma....

Last edited by SHO; 06-12-2009 at 08:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »