Home

How does Strategic Playcalling work?

This is a discussion on How does Strategic Playcalling work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #25
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How does Strategic Playcalling work?

NCAA 10 is not done to me, and likely won't be until we are a few weeks after July 14th. Right now I'm spending most of my days doing everything possible to help solve the roster issue. At the same time we are working on what else could go into a patch if that is our solution.

We are able to fix some stuff through patches with today's consoles, so I'm not going to stop on NCAA 10 until I absolutely have too.

Now that's not to say I'm not working on ideas and starting to write designs when I can find time for 11. After we ship NCAA 10 I'd love to get a discussion about 11 going (even though I know where the majority of the boards already stand ).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Now that's not to say I'm not working on ideas and starting to write designs when I can find time for 11. After we ship NCAA 10 I'd love to get a discussion about 11 going (even though I know where the majority of the boards already stand ).
Create-a-playbook! Formation subs!

Just continue to improve the on-field stuff, and give me a few new things that make me play a bit differently.

In that vein, the game planning stuff is my single favorite addition to a sports game in a long, long time. I think it's just brilliant and will totally affect how I play the game and even how I form my roster when recruiting and setting a depth chart. Just a great addition.

More of that stuff, please.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:06 AM   #27
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey Russ, any chance we see a spreadsheet of the real rosters before release. This will make loads of people happy (possible mad depending).
Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I missed this thread. Russ has some good stuff in here. Good thing I'm cyber-stalking the EA devs for NCAA football right now.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #29
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I know I have been a pretty harsh critic lately but I am still excited for NCAA 10. I really hope we can see some big changes for NCAA 11 that I have been waiting for since the move to the 360/PS3.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #30
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I missed this thread. Russ has some good stuff in here. Good thing I'm cyber-stalking the EA devs for NCAA football right now.

You are right Rudy, I almost looked right past this thread but I am very encouraged by some of things Russ is saying here.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #31
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Team entrances, bowl patches, all stadiums, players having true momentum ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #32
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

When I'm done with 10 we can get into some 11 stuff, I feel it's important for everyone to get a good amount of play time in before we start signing up for the world

I feel like we can get some quality stuff into a patch and there is no reason to stop trying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »