Home

List of NCAA 10 Team Ratings

This is a discussion on List of NCAA 10 Team Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #57
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: List of NCAA 10 Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
More than ever, I think we need a team unity metric which will gauge how much of the team's talent is translated into wins. Here is a simple formula.

Unity = f(# years current coach has been in, # of players transferring, # promises kept, academic issues etc... )

That way teams like, FSU, though good on paper, will not see as many wins due to unity issues.
I think that's a great idea and would definitely be in favor of that myself. It should be a challenge staying on or getting to the top no matter what team you choose.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #58
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
A lot like most magazine predictions, I think these ratings are based mostly on perception. My school and others like them get a lot of speed guys, a lot of HTs (highly touted), and a bunch of rivals rated 4 and 5 star athletes. So they get rated on potential talent, not on the previous years record. Like "with that talent level, the Noles should be top 15." "USC recruits are beasts, doesn't matter who they lost, top 3 at least." The EA ratings don't take into account coaching, the lack thereof, or unrealized potential. It's based on perceived skill and a star system that we all know doesn't really mean squat on paper. It's all perception. If Boise State and Fresno, or even Utah moved into an expanded Pac 10 in real life you'd likely see the team ratings jump up into the A range more in these games.The thinking being they would have more perceived talent. A friend of mine always likes to take TCU and make them a force. The inital ratings never seem to stop him from doing that within a year or two. So I don't really see them as a hindrance. Then again he recruits in the state of Texas so... Now, do I get upset that my school gets a pass because of the past years of greatness and dominance. No because I bleed garnet and gold. But I do understand anyone else who thinks it's not so cool. I just don't see it being that big a deal as every game will eventually come down to the individual users skill. Sorry, babble over.
I'm not all that pissed about my team being underrated. I'm more pissed that because there are so many teams that are either extremely overrated or extremely underrated that the games that get simulated in my dynasty are gonna be all out of whack. I want the first season of my dynasty to play out somewhat similar to what might happen this year irl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
More than ever, I think we need a team unity metric which will gauge how much of the team's talent is translated into wins. Here is a simple formula.

Unity = f(# years current coach has been in, # of players transferring, # promises kept, academic issues etc... )

That way teams like, FSU, though good on paper, will not see as many wins due to unity issues.
+1 that would be a great addition.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #59
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4

how in the world does USC defense get an a+ and OU doesnt? Based on the rosters, OU has 8 players rated 90 or above on defense and SC only has 7. They also are replacing three lb's. The same could be said of OU's offense. Why is it an A+? We lost all but one starting O lineman and three of our top four wide recievers. We should probably be rated an A- on offense. Yeah bradford and gresham are good and we have solid backs, but we lost the majority of the starters. The overall ratings should reflect the rosters. I think that they should take into account the ratio of staters that are Sr. vs Fr. so if you do have highly rated young players the fact that a team may have played together for 2 or more years (aka floridas defense from last year to this year) should give you a higher overall rating and if you have a bunch of "prospects" who have never seen the field though my warrant a high overall rating based on their percieved talent level (aka USC's defense this year) should have a lower overall rating to reflect a lack of experience as a unit.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

From another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Are you guys still working on the roster error?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Yes. We had some people here over the weekend trying to get things done as fast as possible, still a few hurdles to get over but things are progressing in the right direction at least.
This tells me that there's still time to fix these issues we all have. I suggest we PM Russ with what we need fixed Rosters-wise and maybe he can get it in the Roster Guy's hands.

Be civil though guys. I would also suggest being detailed. Don't be like, "My school is screwed!!!!! We're missing Freshman!!!! WTF?!?!?!"

That won't help anyone.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkam89
This isn't a rebuilding year for MSU. They should win 9 or 10 games (they don't play OSU this year). They lost their QB and RB but have two very capable young QBs who have been in the system and they bring in two 4* RBs. The defense obviously wasn't touched from before last year. Arguably the best LB in the big ten, Greg Jones, is a 78 in TB. He was an 82 in 09. I think that they are more of a B+ team. So finishing tied for second is practicle. Plus I'm not sold on Iowa, they were the hot team near the end of the year but their offense definitely hold them back.
Illinois schedule is no more of a joke than any other BCS school.
Hard to tell how good MSU will be this year. Sure we've got a lot of talented freshman coming in but also a lot of question marks this year like running back and offensive line. I wouldn't say B+ should be our rating I would probably go B. Probably a C+ or B- offense and a B+ defense. But yeah we got screwed, ha C- is a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #62
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBkobe87
Hard to tell how good MSU will be this year. Sure we've got a lot of talented freshman coming in but also a lot of question marks this year like running back and offensive line. I wouldn't say B+ should be our rating I would probably go B. Probably a C+ or B- offense and a B+ defense. But yeah we got screwed, ha C- is a joke.
Agreed. Honestly, even as a big Hawaii homer who doesn't care much for MSU because of what they did to Hawaii in 07 (pulling out of the game vs. Hawaii at the last second and not wanting to pay the fine), I'm still realistic, and I know Hawaii should not be rated higher than a team like MSU.
NBA: Boston Celtics
MLB: SF Giants
Old 06-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #63
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

LOL mkam doesn't know what he's talking about.
lol @ Greg Jones being best Big 10 LBer and LOLOLOL @ Iowa was "just hot" at the end of the season..
please don't ever talk big 10 football ever again
Old 06-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
LOL mkam doesn't know what he's talking about.
lol @ Greg Jones being best Big 10 LBer and LOLOLOL @ Iowa was "just hot" at the end of the season..
please don't ever talk big 10 football ever again
State beat Iowa last year and I wouldn't be suprised if Greg Jones is the top LB in the B10 in 2009. I feel pretty confident they'll beat them this year too, so not quite sure what you are laughing about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »