Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: USC @ Oregon (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: USC @ Oregon (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #33
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: USC @ Oregon (AI vs. AI)

Awesome, we finlly get video of a spread offense team, and they throw a pick on their only play.

I'm really interested in seeing how the spread option works this year, but so far we're not seeing much in these videos
Old 06-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #34
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Awesome, we finlly get video of a spread offense team, and they throw a pick on their only play.

I'm really interested in seeing how the spread option works this year, but so far we're not seeing much in these videos
Me too. I want to see some Oregon and Florida videos of them running the ball. I love the shotgun spread option. I cannot wait to see the little Gator waterbugs (Demps, Rainey and James) juke around and showcase the speed and Blount and Masoli pound defenders like crazy.

I'm getting hyped up for this game now!!

Thanks again Steve. Great job with all the media today.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #35
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok I think we all know the OL just doesnt have anyone to block when they do that, its not rocket science. Stop looking so deep into the issue because its not that deep. Keep in mind as dumb as it looks, the overall issue is the DL not getting any pressure at all. So regardless if the OL is facing the wrong way, the DL still isnt getting any type of consistent pass rush. So no matter how dumb it looks, nothing has changed since 09! Same ole BS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #36
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

who is usc's qb in the vid?
Old 06-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #37
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
How is it that USC's linemen turn and face the QB on the touchdown play and nobody notices!!!

These videos have me freaked out. Every one I've seen shows the linemen turn and stare at the QB as if they are blocking him. The blocking AI is atrocious. I am amazed at how stupid the offensive line is.

I'm not good at uploading screen shots so I apologize for the bad pic. But at least it shows why I'm concerned. The poor AI is even more obvious on the replay of the TD. Look at the RT and the RG. They are so dumb I had to mess up their grammar on the cartoon caption.

Apparently NCAA 10 thinks lineman should block defenders with their rear ends. Nice job EA.

I have to agree with Moylan and Chase on this one. Especially if you watch the video and don't just stop it as the OL is getting depth. Instead of backpedaling, they turn, take a couple steps back, then turn around to protect the QB. I really think this has to do with them not having anyone to block. If they were engaged I don't see this happening. Does it look silly? Of course it looks silly. But does it impact ANYTHING about the way the play happened? Nope. Heck, they were facing the wrong direction for a second, at most. I think folks are WAY too focused on anything they can find negative about the game. I'm willing to bet you'll see the same thing in Madden if you look hard enough. It's a computer game, not real life. If it were so easy to program this stuff, when is your game coming out? That last comment isn't directed at you, boritter. It's a general statement for all of the negative comments that run rampant through all of the threads in the forum.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #38
Rookie

dfoz3's Arena

OVR: 2
I like the fact that you still throw the football if you haven't been wrapped up before you hit the button. I always got so frustrated by getting sacked when I hit the button well before contact was made.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

(Unfortunately, this generation was rushed out the door and wasn't as powerful as we were led to believe.)

This statement has no bases. The consoles specs for the 360 were detailed to the consumers before the console was release. The developers were given dev kits prior to release, which clearly detailed the consoles potential. If anyone led consumers to believe a false potential of next-gen, it was EA with their Madden 06 CGI trailer.

(I do think there are major hardware restrictions that prevent a lot of this)

Why do you think this? Many of the things that you believe are unavailable do to hardware limitations are included in last gen titles, and 2K8 football this gen.

(IF we want the players to look good and run at 60 fps. Adam said that NCAA has a harder time adding extra things because of some of the really big stadiums consume more horsepower.)

So games like GTA 4 can render a clone city of NY, with pedestrians, vehicles, weather, lighting, and physics at 60 fps. But EA can't add pilon interactios because of stadium size? Do you actually buy that? Talk about being naive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »