Home

Proof that blocking AI is terrible

This is a discussion on Proof that blocking AI is terrible within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Proof that blocking AI is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Nope... not when I have adequate proof..as in seeing it in the final build and determining that the OL facing the wrong direction leads to them missing blocks.

you're killin me

i'm gonna drink a beer now
Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #50
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

I definately hate the way the OL turns their backs when they dont got anyone to block immediately, but even with that, they still shut down the DL totally. I dont see this being much of a problem other than it looks dumb. At least they still do their jobs lol!

D-line doesnt even have a chance, they've been so poorly tuned, they dont even get pressure unless they miraculously come free. The OL turning the wrong way looks worse than what it is.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #51
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I think it's a combination of bad AI and the stunt.

But it is not caused by stunting alone. In the USC screenshots the defense does not stunt but there are still two offensive linemen who turn and stare at the QB.

From all the gameplay videos I have watched it appears that offensive linemen turn around when:

a) they have no one to block because the defense only rushes 3 or 4 players like in the USC picture.

or

b) the defense stunts and this confuses the offensive line. When they are confused it appears that they are looking for someone to block. The bad thing is, the turn around and face the QB instead of simply using their necks and turning their heads.

Any way you look at it, the fact that it is so common for offensive linemen to turn and face guard the QB is a bad thing and can only hurt pass protection.
no you forgot option c: when the said online user takes his qb and runs straight back 20 yards then to the sideline, by then d/line should be back so the offensive line has to turn around to see who to block

welcome to online football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #52
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsike
They need to patch these whenever it comes out
Why should this be a patch? Why is it in the game to begin with? As the OP stated, why didn't the testers at EA not notice this earlier? Like say... in December?

I can't recall ever seeing so much negative stuff about a game in the month leading up to its release. It is simply inexcusable. There is no way, in the fourth year of Next Gen, that this type of stupidity should exist.

What really sucks is now that it has been pointed out, sometime next April we'll see a dev video explaining how they finally got this problem fixed. Are people really fine with something happening in '09, '10 and maybe... and I emphasize the word maybe, maybe we get this fixed in '11???

And what will be even worse is if they don't fix it next year. Sad. Really, really sad that this type of stuff happens and just as sad that some are fine with it.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #53
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

EA doesnt have testers for 1, and thats obvious by the product they put out. I wanna know how the guy who actually worked on the game, didnt notice the OL was turning around completely on certain plays. Its very noticeable, you dont have to be a football video game junkie to see it happen, and the guy who works on the gameplay had to see it. He just didnt care to fix it, because it was probably gonna take him some time to do it, and he felt like other things were more important.

Regardless, its a trashy effort in my opinion. If he didnt notice it after tuning the game and playing a few snaps, then he is definately in the wrong profession. I would like one of these devs to simply explain why the issues we notice in the game are there and if or when they will ever be addressed, because many of them have been there for 2 years now, some since NCAA 08.

Its funny how Ian gets on and explains the Madden issues and gets detailed and takes his lumps at the same time, but then comes back with adjustments and a better product. These guys just give us empty statements about nothing, and get mad because we flame them about the product.

Here I go again lol!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #54
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

Hopefully this doesn't happen on ps3 ...the cell processer system make ai smarter
Old 06-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
You're right about one thing....it all comes down to how u look at it.

The thing is, and I admire your EA persistence, if you look at every thing the same way (in your case, nothings a big deal, you see the things u want to see and instead of actually acknowledging the flaws...you just say "it's a non-issue for me personally" When you say things like that and use that angle in every post...in every thread....) you start to lose credibility. A lot of credibility to be quite honest. I'm sorry if this post hits too close to home, I'm just trying to be honest.
I totally agree with you...Countryboy's statements no longer carry any credibility...anyone who turns a blind eye to such a blatant issue is not looking to make NCAA a better series.

The interaction going on with Ian and the OS members is phenomenal!! That's why Madden is making such huge strides!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #56
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsike
Hopefully this doesn't happen on ps3 ...the cell processer system make ai smarter
lol...oh really?

I would LOVE to hear this explained.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »