Home

If the rosters do stay final and no fix is found...

This is a discussion on If the rosters do stay final and no fix is found... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If no rosters fix is found...
I will still buy the game at release. 136 40.84%
I will buy the game a few days after release. 14 4.20%
I will not buy the game until a few weeks after release, so I can see if any other bugs pop up/the community comes up with rosters. 52 15.62%
I won't buy the game until EA themselves comes up with a fix so I can play online w/ realistic rosters. 32 9.61%
I will only buy it used/rent/gamefly. 21 6.31%
I will only buy the game if it's for a discounted price. 10 3.00%
I won't buy this game. 68 20.42%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If the rosters do stay final and no fix is found...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
FK rosters are garbage first of all.

And PastaPadre did not even do his own rosters last year FYI.. he got them from an undisclosed source.. remember they had all those funky characters in the player names like ' and - You can't manually put those in yourself. Someone, like a programmer, would have to do that.

DT Linders have been the best since I started doing the roster thing, hands down.
Man, you are a ***** to the 10th degree. We all have opinions and we can express how we feel. But your words be disrespectful and uncalled for. From EA, to the developers and now Pastapadre and FK? It's no problem not liking those rosters, but you get outright nasty for no reason.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #74
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
pastapadre and fairdalekings do every team accurately....even western kentucky's roster was as close to real as possible with fairdale's rosters in 09.
My rosters are good if you want the most accurately named DEFAULT rosters available. My target audience is the online gamers who have to use DEFAULT rosters for online games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Umm...no. With all due respect to FK, who does a bang-up job on the BCS schools, his non-BCS rosters have always left something to be desired.

With the BCS schools the community roster guys like FK will generally go though and add missing freshmen, correct depth charts, etc., etc.. For the non-BCS schools they generally just name the players and call it a day. That's understandable, given that (1) info on the smaller schools is much harder to come by; and (2) relatively few people will either notice or care.

Unfortunately, if my Coogs roster as it appears on the TB site is representative of the non-BCS in-game rosters as they currently exist, that approach isn't going to work this time around. They don't need to be tweaked, they need to be overhauled.

For me the rosters as they currently exist are a dealbreaker. I still hope that the NCAA guys will come up with something, but the results of this poll aren't exactly filling me with optimism. OS seems to be telling EA "screw it, we don't care, we just want the game".
My intent is to name the default rosters that are shipped as quickly and accurately as possible. In the past I did numerous roster updates but those days are gone. With DKrause spending countless hours on his roster updates my job is to pump out a good foundation for him to begin with. Last year was different because of all the problems with the roster patch that was required. I'm fairly certain that he may have used a different roster file for his base but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
FK rosters are garbage first of all.

And PastaPadre did not even do his own rosters last year FYI.. he got them from an undisclosed source.. remember they had all those funky characters in the player names like ' and - You can't manually put those in yourself. Someone, like a programmer, would have to do that.

DT Linders have been the best since I started doing the roster thing, hands down.
First, pastapadre is not a roster editor. Last summer he received a copy of NCAA '09 about two weeks early. My theory is that he stumbled across a set of rosters on the EA Locker that were used for testing by the developers. Once he discovered them he posted them for the community to share for the sole purpose of promoting free rosters and to undermine the efforts of Brian Kaldenberg and others that usually sell rosters on their sites as their own. Last year I was given permission by pastapadre to use them as my roster base and to make any corrections that I deemed necessary. Due to the fiasco last year which caused teams to disappear after editing "X" amount of players roster editors had to wait until EA released a patch. Chris Jacobs (NCAA Stragegies) and I contributed information that helped EA during their troubleshooting process as they tried to find a resolution for the roster glitch.

Next, I really could care less if you like or dislike my rosters. "Opinions are like @$$holes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks." While you may dislike my rosters the next 99 people here at O/S may love them. My only problem with your statement is that there is nothing constructive about your statement: "FK rosters are garbage first of all."

Last year the default rosters were named as accurately as EA Sports intended them to be. They were accurately rendered with the hyphens, apostrophes, and other symbols which otherwise would not be included in a roster file. I corrected over 100 spelling errors which were over-looked by the original roster creator.

* If EA Sports had the authority to release NCAA Football '09 with "real" named rosters you would've received pastapadre's roster file on your game disc. I made over 100 corrections to that roster file and made it as accurate as possible. Basically that was my roster file last year with the corrections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
I thought FK and pasta just name the default rosters on 360 and call it a season.
Basically the only thing that I am doing anymore is naming the default rosters. Last fall the NCAA contacted me about my rosters. That was an eye-opener when the NCAA watchdogs are made aware of you. It is not worth the hassle of dealing with the NCAA and their lawyers. They called me a few times and sent a few letters advising me to stop promoting/distributing my rosters on my old site. Thus I did.... and I shut down the old site. I don't want any problems from the NCAA and with the new addition of the EA Locker there wasn't much need for my site anymore. In the future I will just post my rosters here at Operation Sports, NCAA Strategies and on the EA Locker.

I've said it before and I will say it again... dkrause does a wonderful job every year with his numerous roster updates. If you want the best DEFAULT roster file around use my roster file for those ONLINE games but if you want the most realistic and updated rosters use dkrause's rosters.

There is no reason that Xbox 360 gamers should NOT have both of our roster files for any NCAA Football titles.

Last edited by FAIRDALE_KINGS; 06-15-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #75
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

You roster maker fan boys are hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #76
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

FK, just so we're clear, I meant no disrespect. I for one am very grateful for all the hard work and inconvenience you've gone through over the last few years for the sake of the community.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #77
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
FK, just so we're clear, I meant no disrespect. I for one am very grateful for all the hard work and inconvenience you've gone through over the last few years for the sake of the community.
coogfan,
We are very clear. I understand that there was no disrespect or malice in your post. My response was only to clarify for anyone that is not clear about the intent of my purpose and the reason why I distribute rosters for the community. Fighting over who makes better rosters and that other garbage is not worth my time anymore.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 38

My rosters are world class! Because i am the ncaa saviour
Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #79
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll buy it on release day. I only play dynasty mode so borked rosters borking online play won't affect me. I also always get rosters from the community anyway so the only ill effects I'll feel is that it'll take longer for the community to fix these completely borked rosters so I'll have to wait longer to start my dynasty.

The main thing that worries me is that if EA can't fix the rosters by release, then there's a very real possiblity that they can't be fixed by the awesome roster editors out there. If some teams don't have enough players (I think I read that TTU only has 58) and there's a bunch of SRs that have graduated and need to be deleted and replaced with FR, then there's likely not enough CAP slots available to fix the horrible rosters.

Even then, I'd make it work somehow.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 06-15-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #80
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

If the roster heroes (like FK) have to go through and fix the ratings of EVERY player, and create tons of players just to make the rosters somewhat realistic, it will take them a LOT longer to get their rosters out. I feel real bad for the guys that play mostly online. If EA doesnt do something themselves, then the game will be worthless online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »