Home

Ea Devs, Auto Photo Feature - Again

This is a discussion on Ea Devs, Auto Photo Feature - Again within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Ea Devs, Auto Photo Feature - Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Doubt they will, they don't come on here anymore because our negativity hurt their feelings
LMAO...if this is even 1% true my respect level of these guys as men dropped by about 100 fold!!

You want honest feedback on your work? READ THE FORUMS!!!

(Yes, I know that there is some drivel mixed in with the legitimate criticisms, but the general tone and tenor of the forums give you an idea of how excited or blase the people are about what you are offering...and anyone who thinks NCAA is on the right track should hang out in the Madden forums a bit more often.)

You want to make a better game? LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY!!!

Those wish lists and suggestions for improvements in gameplay, presentation, immersion, etc. are GOLD. If you were totally obtuse in business, you would hire focus groups to test a product and provide ideas to make it better...here you have YEARS worth of suggestions and many are unused during that entire time. Some - like returning old animations such as team specific entrances - could easily be returned to the game.

Instead, after seeing the disingenuous nature of THIS year's marketing - selling "over-the-shoulder catches" as "new" () - I have to assume that if and when such a thing as team specific entrances ARE returned to the game, they will likewise be marketed as "new"...

You want positive response? SHOW THOSE ISSUES WHEN FIXED!!!

( For better or worse, the Madden team has been incredibly transparent this year...showing more WIP video than I can EVER remember seeing...Ian Cummings may not even get close to pulling off the miracle of making Madden a respectable sim-game, but he gets my "man-up-and-take-it" award for the sheer volume of abuse he has willingly absorbed this year without disappearing forever. It CAN be done...just takes a very thick skin, a very serious dedication to the product and checking the ego at the forum title page - BEFORE absorbing a ton of abuse and dismissal of many hours of hard work. The basic idea though is the same - making the best game possible.)

You want a friend or a "yes-man"? GET A DOG!!!

This year's NCAA is rife with mistakes, errors, bad features, lack of fixing old issues, lack of innovation and an obsession with the superfluous....which in many ways makes it a perfect companion to a lot of recent EA football releases. If making the best game possible is the annual goal, then honest evaluation of this year MUST be "needs improvement"...were I rating the performance of employees, effort counts and would be recoginized, but results are what gets paid!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #34
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

EA just has no clue when it comes to in game presentation.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #35
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
For people who like instant replays, yes, it's a big deal.
I agree 100%. The picture taking feature is great, but I HATE the fact that the game will take auto photos instead of showing instant replays. They should have just made it USER controlled photos that is only accessible when we manually view our replays. Great idea, bad implementation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

I never understood the point of the auto photo feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »