Home

NCAA Football 10 Screenshots: Dynasty

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Screenshots: Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 10 Screenshots: Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
Am I the only one who noticed that #1 Florida was playing #4 Penn State in the national championship? 2 spots is a pretty big leap over teams. I wonder what those polls looked like. Looks like SOS might be massive.

Edit: It could be that was after the sim. Not sure.
An undeserving Big 10 team in the national title game? No wonder the sim hasn't been fixed, they spent the entire development cycle actually figuring out how the BCS calculations work!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:59 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3
It sounds like it is unpopular to complain about the microtransactions, but I am going to do it anyways.

I guess I am unclear as to how it is going to work. Can you still unlock these things in game without purchasing them? To force people to pay for a recruiting adviser is pretty cheap. I can understand giving the option to simply purchase them to avoid the hassle of unlocking them in game, but if there is no other option but to purchase then it sucks.

Hopefully they do it like Tiger Woods, where you can use a microtransaction or use in game credit, although it doesn't appear to work that way.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:21 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhungis
It sounds like it is unpopular to complain about the microtransactions, but I am going to do it anyways.

I guess I am unclear as to how it is going to work. Can you still unlock these things in game without purchasing them? To force people to pay for a recruiting adviser is pretty cheap. I can understand giving the option to simply purchase them to avoid the hassle of unlocking them in game, but if there is no other option but to purchase then it sucks.

Hopefully they do it like Tiger Woods, where you can use a microtransaction or use in game credit, although it doesn't appear to work that way.
Yes you are correct all dynasty team improvements such as increasing your program prestige or attracting any recruit above a 2 star level will have to be purchased via the DLC, but it doesn't end there. Due to a small glitch any team wearing blue or red home jerseys will also have to be purchased via the net. Also, if you're looking for a game of 11-man football your out of luck here as the game only comes with 8-man mode unless of course you're willing to pony up a little more dough through DLC for that 11-man fix you're looking for. However, currently that's the least of your worries since the game won't come standard with a ball. Not to worry though for a small fee once again DLC will come through with a wide selection of synthetic and real leather pigskin to choose from. The default game will allow you to perform several team excercises such as the indian run and the bull in the ring drill. So have fun with that and make sure to get your preoder in now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #52
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That look's pretty good actually. Looking at last years CMP% leaders we have this.

Colt McCoy 76.7%
Chase Daniel 72.9%
Graham Harrell 70.6%
Kellen Moore 69.4%
Max Hall 69%
Brian Johnson 68%
Sam Bradford 67.9%

The top 47 QB's in NCAA Div-I Football last year were 60%+. If anything completion percentages are too low.
Please do not say they are too low. Look at the SEC QBs last year. There were several in 50% range. Your list above is mostly Big XII. EA's completion percentages are actually getting closer to reality finally. The INTs are a little high as usual, but nothing like last gen's ridiculous INTs in the sim engine ('08 & '09).
Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #53
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

Some of the shots look dark but overall good.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #54
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Several things that caught my attention:

A TE with more than 40 catches - the guy from Western Michigan had 89 in one screen shot.

Completion percentage and yards per carry are down across the board.

Sacks are more geared to the DLine.

The Thorpe Award is geared more towards tackles and deflections instead of interceptions.

Nice jumps in OVR after training.

I am looking forward to this game. I was hesitant, but I feel better after looking at the screen and vids. I've been away, and someone called this NCAA 9.5. I can deal with that with the vids I saw. I loved seeing the RB power thru the middle in some of those vids. Keeping my pre-order.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Yes you are correct all dynasty team improvements such as increasing your program prestige or attracting any recruit above a 2 star level will have to be purchased via the DLC, but it doesn't end there. Due to a small glitch any team wearing blue or red home jerseys will also have to be purchased via the net. Also, if you're looking for a game of 11-man football your out of luck here as the game only comes with 8-man mode unless of course you're willing to pony up a little more dough through DLC for that 11-man fix you're looking for. However, currently that's the least of your worries since the game won't come standard with a ball. Not to worry though for a small fee once again DLC will come through with a wide selection of synthetic and real leather pigskin to choose from. The default game will allow you to perform several team excercises such as the indian run and the bull in the ring drill. So have fun with that and make sure to get your preoder in now!
Priceless!!!!! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #56
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhungis

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
the man asked a question and this is the response you gave him?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »