Home

This is why competition is needed(MAJOR RANT)

This is a discussion on This is why competition is needed(MAJOR RANT) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is why competition is needed(MAJOR RANT)

Competition breeds improvement, innovation, and pushing the limits. Is there anyone who doubts that if 2K sports were releasing an equivalent game that we wouldn't be facing the major problems that we seem to face every single year? Is there anyone who doubts that EA wouldn't hesitate to find a solution to things like players not being able to be talked back in OLD, or complete roster destruction if 2K Sports had an NCAA game out without those problems? EA would have checked, rechecked, then triple checked to make sure the game was as close to perfect as possible, or at the very least one step ahead of anything 2K sports put out?

EA sports not having competition when it comes to Madden or NCAA Football is a terrible thing for fans. I`m sure EA is thrilled they can release crap games year after year and get away with it because what's the alternative? At the end of the day there will be more than enough people who will buy the game with as many flaws as EA puts in.

Short of a massive boycott there is no incentive for EA to do better until their contract with the NCAA runs out. I hate to cite wikipedia but according to what's on there EA signed an exclusive deal with the NCAA in 2005 and it was to last for 6 years. NCAA fans need to lobby the NCAA or lobby 2K Sports so they will lobby the NCAA not to resign with EA

IMO the only way we get better NCAA Football games is if a competitive atmosphere exist and EA has to actually work hard to get business instead of doing things half-a** and putting out crap because they know people don't have an alternative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This is why competition is needed(MAJOR RANT)

Yawwwwwwn...
Old 06-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

I don't think competition has anything to do with it. After all, when the 2K games were around, it's not like EA Sports had the reputation of an innovative company that was always blowing people away with what they could get done in a year.

And look at Madden this year, that team's doing a lot of great work and they don't have a single competitor.

I think it all just comes down to the teams working on the games. Some teams just do better work than others.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

wow... major

its not competition primarily, but rather priorities and current direction (or lack there of) imo
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
I don't think competition has anything to do with it. After all, when the 2K games were around, it's not like EA Sports had the reputation of an innovative company that was always blowing people away with what they could get done in a year.

And look at Madden this year, that team's doing a lot of great work and they don't have a single competitor.

I think it all just comes down to the teams working on the games. Some teams just do better work than others.
I do, and I think the college basketball and NBA games are a perfect example. EA was putting out inferior products with both those series(NBA Live especially) and lost ground to 2K Sports, the result the next year was major improvement including implementing things that the 2K NBA game had the year before plus adding improvements themselves.

I can tell you this, if 2K was releasing a game similar to NCAA with correct rosters EA sports would have had the problem fixed in a nano-second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
Rookie

Cvhsalumni's Arena

OVR: 6

How many times have we heard this?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvhsalumni
How many times have we heard this?
Too many. This topic will only lead to flame wars. We've had enough of that around here lately. Locked.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »