Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #33
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

Overall, I liked the video.

Couple gripes though:

1st: I think junit alluded to this earlier, but the lack of atmosphere bothered me. No team celebrations after TD's and big plays.

2nd: This really bothered me from '09: the lack of substitutions when a team is deep at a position. Florida is the perfect example: they have at RB Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey, Emmanuel Moody and even though he really doesn't play a lot at RB, Brandon James. Yet that entire video the only RB I saw playing was Jeff Demps, unless it was the Gator Heavy formation where Rainey was in with Demps. Unless you had 2 RB's that were impact players, the only time a backup would get on the field is if the starter was a IP and lined up in the slot, fatigued or injured. It may not seem like a big deal and I'm not saying it is, but it doesn't make any sense how Demps is rated 90, Rainey is 90, Moody is 89 and James is 86, but yet none of the last three will get any carries, 2 or 3 at the most.

I have this same problem b/c there still aren't any formation subs in the game.

Idr if this could be changed in the sliders for the cpu?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #34
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Actually some of the audio will be tweaked before it hits retail, so no worries there.
Does this include the commentary that doesn't seem to have changed much since 2001?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

Meh, just more of the same.

* No pass rush out of base 4 rush...none.

*Pre determined CPU throws, like Tebow into triple coverage early or over the middle late, play never even developed.

* Awful CPU playcalling logic, a 3rd and 9 dive? A third and 6 dive? C'mon, how hard is this to fix?

*CPU read option is pointless, O-Line is clueless as to who to block and how.

The one positive was the CPU RB's are smarter about getting up field.

This video scares me more than anything we've seen. Very disappointing.

Last edited by KingVMSU; 06-16-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ripping the CPU's logic for running on 3 and long is faulty. It happens all the time IRL and coaches come under the same scrutiny. Why wouldn't it happen in this game? Overmatched teams will try to limit the damage in blowouts all the time. Protect their QBs. Now you can argue that this is not being done here. But running on 3rd and long doesn't mean the AI is screwed up. Plenty of coaches who think they are smarter than anyone else run in those situations.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincane
Ripping the CPU's logic for running on 3 and long is faulty. It happens all the time IRL and coaches come under the same scrutiny. Why wouldn't it happen in this game? Overmatched teams will try to limit the damage in blowouts all the time. Protect their QBs. Now you can argue that this is not being done here. But running on 3rd and long doesn't mean the AI is screwed up. Plenty of coaches who think they are smarter than anyone else run in those situations.
Yeah...it;s called a drawe, a trap, or a delay...not a dive.

Nice try kid.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #38
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincane
Good point. Sometimes running on 3rd and long catches the D off guard - resulting in a 1st down. But this needs to be used sparingly.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Its called limiting damage and protecting your team. Prime example Miami vs. Florida this past season. Patrick Nix was a below average OC but Miami did everything they could offensively to not make a mistake and get the game to the fourth. Did a good job of it to. It was 9-3 going in. Coaches won't admit it but plenty of them know they have no shot to win a ball game and at some point its about cutting your losses. I doubt that applies to this game. But running the ball when its third and medium or long is not evidence of bad logic. The Panthers v Raiders video has Ian running on 3rd and medium multiple times.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Utah State's first drive where they pass on 2nd and 16 or so...the USU WR has AMAZING versatility/reaction time. He has his momentum going inside, but in one step, jumps in the other direction to catch a ball that's thrown well behind him. It's nice that passes appear to be less accurate, but if all these dumb things are going to happen, it's pointless. All 3 times that the QB has been hit in the various videos, it's been caught by someone and it's gone right to them.

Screens still look bad. Utah State's QB had a couple plays where he could have run 15 yards up the middle because there wasn't anyone in sight, but he still chucks it into double coverage anyway.

As for all that atmosphere talk...everyone is spot on. Someone at EA go watch that Florida-Georgia game a couple years ago, and see what teams look like when they score and make a big play. I would pass it off in this video as being Florida doesn't get too excited about Utah State, but I know it has nothing to do with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »