Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

As requested by many, here is another NCAA Football 10 video showing a powerhouse school (Florida) against a weaker school (Utah St.).
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

saw some good some bad.. but overall i liked what i saw..around the 8 min mark a reciever gets jammed at the line and it knocks off the timing but he still catches it.
But that is how a game should be..i did not however see as much pressure on the QB as there should have been..there is one play in particular around the 2:20 mark where there are absolutely NO DT's anywhere near the QB and the nearest LB was a good 10 yards away.. and this was over the course of abut 5 seconds he basically had time to go through his progressions 2 times.. NO WAY should a Utah St. o-line have that kind of protection against a top tier SEC defense...ever.. but im just being picky because i play...anywho good stuff overall...

Last edited by FutureVol; 06-16-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Thanks, Steve! I saw a lot of overthrows, which is refreshing.
Unfortunately, it is looking like the running game will be absent for the CPU again.

Sideshow Bob
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Pursuit angles look good. In 09, that opening kickoff would have gone for 6. Instead, the guy made the tackle.

But it looks like AI playcalling is still gonna be an issue. I've seen two videos where the AI runs on third and long. Utah State shouldn't be running the ball on 3rd-and-7 when they're trailing 20-0.

Even Joe Montana Sports Talk Football had this playcalling logic figured out.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-16-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Pursuit angles look good. In 09, that opening kickoff would have gone for 6. Instead, the guy made the tackle
yup that was perfect pursuit angle by him. some nice bad throws as well. real good overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Pursuit angles look good. In 09, that opening kickoff would have gone for 6. Instead, the guy made the tackle.

But it looks like AI playcalling is still gonna be an issue. I've seen two videos where the AI runs on third and long. Utah State shouldn't be running the ball on 3rd-and-7 when they're trailing 20-0.

Even Joe Montana Sports Talk Football had this playcalling logic figured out.
This is really thefirst video where the AI playcalling has been a bit suspect though so I am not that worried about it. Really if you think about it too... Utah St. took a big loss on first down... tried to pickup a good amount on 2nd through the air... and 3rd down I woulda thrown... but I dunno we haven't seen enough footage to see if that is gonna be a common problem with running on 3rd down. I feel like the AI playcalling has improved a good bit this year actually...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks a lot Steve!

I like what I saw for the most part in the video. Time for short video OS Breakdown Mode:

The Good:

- Way better pursuit angles - Yes! On the sweep by Florida and on the KR by James (Who should have broke the kicker's ankles )
- Good DL pressure on the run game, especially up the gut.
- Tebow runs the offense as he does - pound the bodies between the tackles and make the pitch to Demps when he had it.
- Tebow had a couple overthrows where he didn't connect.
- USU QB also had a couple passes hit the turf
- New stats banners - The Tebow stat banner looked great.
- Good DL pressure on USU QB early, but not so much late.
- It seems like the CPU RBs and QBs actually run with some purpose and don't shuffle their feet in quicksand in the backfield waiting for a 3 yard loss. Finally!
- New tackling animations. I like the one where one of UF's LBs trying to push the RB on the sweep and he didn't fall down, but lost his balance. Very cool looking. That will be nice for hit stick abusers.

Not sure:
- USU playcalling on 3rd down and mid-long.

The Bad:
- Zig zag running by CPU ballcarriers. I just looks awful. EA needs to fix this for next year. Add some momentum or something.
- Iffy DL pressure on USU QB.
- The CPU punter still seems incompetent and very inaccurate, unless he was trying to kick away from James. I can't blame him LOL.
- J. Phillips (K) facemask. Who is that, Jack Lambert?

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-16-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Thanks, Steve! I saw a lot of overthrows, which is refreshing.
Unfortunately, it is looking like the running game will be absent for the CPU again.
I have not seen this video yet, but from the others, the CPU does seem to run the ball much better than last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »