Home

GameStop giving $40 trade in value for NCAA 10...

This is a discussion on GameStop giving $40 trade in value for NCAA 10... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: GameStop giving $40 trade in value for NCAA 10...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Count me a sucker.

Preordering under this plan gives me options. If i like NCAA i could just keep it and buy Madden separate. If i don't like NCAA then i have a full month to decide for the cost of $25 including tax. And since i would be getting NCAA new i would get the full 25 teambuilder slots and can get the game right away.

I could also just cancel my preorder before NCAA came out and not be out anything if the videos and reviews continue to be poor.

This is a better plan that all the NCAA is wonderful fans who end up hating it a week later and gets $25 for the game.
You're right, that is a better deal for those who hate it and get an extra 15 bucks for their trade.

Aren't you going to be busy with the rosters to care about the TeamBuilder teams? You have your work cut out for you this year.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
You're right, that is a better deal for those who hate it and get an extra 15 bucks for their trade.

Aren't you going to be busy with the rosters to care about the TeamBuilder teams? You have your work cut out for you this year.
To be honest, i am not sure i am even going to get the game. I just am preordering to take advantage of this offer encase i do get it. The offer really is only good for those that know they are getting Madden 100% and are iffy on NCAA which i would think alot of us are.

I am a big proponent of giving yourself options. In my case, this is the safest bet with my money to take if the offer is truly limited.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 06-17-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Who would ever be sucker enough to buy NCAA10, play it for a month, then lose 25 bucks on it?

I think I'm going to buy NCAA used this year. At least I won't give my money to EA and there should be a used available around here once someone sees Iowa's jersey and helmet. I'm guessing I can get it used the 1st day it comes out.
So your a sucker if you buy NCAA 10 and then lose 25 bucks on it but your not a sucker if you buy it used and lose at least 40 bucks for it.
Because you know it will cost at least 40 bucks if not more used!
I kind of like the idea of basically renting it for one month for 20 bucks, I will be tired of it after a month anyway.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Who would ever be sucker enough to buy NCAA10, play it for a month, then lose 25 bucks on it?

I think I'm going to buy NCAA used this year. At least I won't give my money to EA and there should be a used available around here once someone sees Iowa's jersey and helmet. I'm guessing I can get it used the 1st day it comes out.
Ebay maybe. GameStop and the like will take the trade-ins, but won't sell the used ones for few days to weeks. And when they do, it'll be close to new price anyways.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
To be honest, i am not sure i am even going to get the game. I just am preordering to take advantage of this offer encase i do get it. The offer really is only good for those that know they are getting Madden 100% and are iffy on NCAA which i would think alot of us are.

I am a big proponent of giving yourself options. In my case, this is the safest bet with my money to take if the offer is truly limited.
True.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #22
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Like others have said. This is nothing new. Gamestop offers this every year.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I will gamefly the game. I can buy the game for $44 and with my 5 dollar discount and 10% off this deal could make sense.
You have to have bought it from gamestop and have the coupon I am pretty sure unless you can get a coupon from a friend.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
You have to have bought it from gamestop and have the coupon I am pretty sure unless you can get a coupon from a friend.

Last year you did not need a coupon. I traded in NCAA 09 for Madden 09 because I thought madden was going to be the greatest ever. I got the $40 trade in value and I did not have a coupon.

In the end I just wasted money anyhow because I ended up selling madden after being dissapointed with it so I could get NCAA 09 back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »