Home

Thoughts about ball physics, momentum etc.

This is a discussion on Thoughts about ball physics, momentum etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Thoughts about ball physics, momentum etc.

I hate how defenders can turn on a dime to cover what would be a blown assignment.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #18
Rookie

chrsn's Arena

OVR: 2

I used to hope EA would fix stuff too; however, it got to the point where I realized I would be of retirement age by the time they somehow stumbled upon making a realistic game of football. Best hope is that something happens to shake things up in the industry, because there are better odds on that than on EA putting in some serious effort to really make the best possible game.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
as far as zig zag running jd, i have had instances where im playing against the ai and the run game is just hit or miss for them, i meab either its a loss of yrds or a big gain, and when they finally get a big gain with open pasture, guess what the ai ballcarrier does, instead of running atraight into the endzone, because my defense has just been torched off tackle because of ai suction blocking(whole nother story) HE TURNS AND RUNS AROUND BACK INTO MY DEFENSE!!! WTF??
OFT my friend.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #20
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
as far as zig zag running jd, i have had instances where im playing against the ai and the run game is just hit or miss for them, i meab either its a loss of yrds or a big gain, and when they finally get a big gain with open pasture, guess what the ai ballcarrier does, instead of running atraight into the endzone, because my defense has just been torched off tackle because of ai suction blocking(whole nother story) HE TURNS AND RUNS AROUND BACK INTO MY DEFENSE!!! WTF??
How hard is it to program the CPU's Main Objective to be go North and South to reach the endzone as quickly as possible?

Another thing I've noticed is whether it's an option play or a toss, the FB gets to the corner and suddenly shoots back up the gut leaving the ball-carrier to fend for himself.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Can we all agree the game engine for next gen is broken beyond repair? Madden and NCAA need to build again from the ground up and be much more physics-based in the future be it with the current consoles or the next wave whenever they come out.
^^^Been saying that since the DISASTER Madden 06 was on Next -Gen.

The issue is that the engine we have now (ncaa and madden) is the SAME engine from last gen. Sure, they modified it somewhat, but essentially it is the same engine overall.

When Next-Gen launched NCAA/MADDEN should have looked, played and felt NOTHING like what we used to have. It should have been a COMPLETELY different game altogether.

The reason we have SO many issues now, goes all the way back to MADDEN 06 on NG. It was rushed. Next-Gen football or sports for that matter was not even close to being ready. But EA wanted a next gen football game so Madden 06 was FORCED out the door and ever since then, all other versions have been GOD AWFUL to say the least.

Well,, now 5yrs later (almost) we still have sub par football games. We still have HUGE gameplay issues etc. The reason being is the engine SUCKS.

I could go on and on but i will not. Madden is righting the ship NOW, nut NCAA is still 3 yrs behind...Far behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Ball physics and player momentum are the two major issues preventing this game from becoming like a sim.

A simple example of this is the sprint button. There needs to be a risk/reward for hitting the sprint button, where if you press it, your turning radius should be much larger. (Just like they did in last gen).
Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #23
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Sitting here watching a replay and player momentum/changing directions needs toned down in a bad way.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
^^^Been saying that since the DISASTER Madden 06 was on Next -Gen.
Please don't remind me of that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »