Home

Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14

This is a discussion on Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14

Somebody will get it early somehow, and hopefully they'll get it done
Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Getting them the file early isn't going to do them any good unless they have the game. Plus, I seriously doubt that EA is going to publicly break street dates so that they can get the file to a bunch of guys who essentially serve as their legal loophole. There's a reason that the game doesn't come with named rosters.
Roster editors find a way to get the game early every year. That is why named rosters are available on launch day every year. EA can give the game to whomever they want before July 14. This is how roster editors and game sites have it before the street date. EA can send anyone a copy; stores just cannot sell it until July 14.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've told FK I can get him the game early and have not heard back from him. Honestly I think he's like a lot of folks around here and not all that excited about getting the game this year.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I've told FK I can get him the game early and have not heard back from him. Honestly I think he's like a lot of folks around here and not all that excited about getting the game this year.
He told me last year he wasn't doing them anymore. I leave the reasons why up to him to post. If i recall right he asked me not to share why. As for whether he still has interest in the game, i don't know. I haven't actually talked to him since last july or august.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #13
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
He told me last year he wasn't doing them anymore. I leave the reasons why up to him to post. If i recall right he asked me not to share why. As for whether he still has interest in the game, i don't know. I haven't actually talked to him since last july or august.
Hopefully someone can get access to the game and rosters early this year.

I won't start a dynasty until I have named rosters; I won't play online until the patched rosters are available.

Maybe I'll play Fight Night 4 for a week or so until this roster mess is resolved...
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
he already said in another thread here he plans to work on the rosters and distro them here but not have his own site with them as it's too much a hassle.

i wouldn't be hoping for the rosters to be done very fast though, i don't think the level of enthusiasm is there anymore for various reasons.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
he already said in another thread here he plans to work on the rosters and distro them here but not have his own site with them as it's too much a hassle.

i wouldn't be hoping for the rosters to be done very fast though, i don't think the level of enthusiasm is there anymore for various reasons.
Then i guess things have changes since last year. All the better if FK can provide rosters for these guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 11:59 PM   #16
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Basically the only thing that I am doing anymore is naming the default rosters. Last fall the NCAA contacted me about my rosters. That was an eye-opener when the NCAA watchdogs are made aware of you. It is not worth the hassle of dealing with the NCAA and their lawyers. They called me a few times and sent a few letters advising me to stop promoting/distributing my rosters on my old site. Thus I did.... and I shut down the old site. I don't want any problems from the NCAA and with the new addition of the EA Locker there wasn't much need for my site anymore. In the future I will just post my rosters here at Operation Sports, NCAA Strategies and on the EA Locker.

One year I received a copy of NCAA Football early directly from EA Sports as a community leader. That year I completed my rosters four days before the game was officially released. Anyway, once RACzilla got a job at EA I thought that I may have a chance to get a copy of the game early annually. We had a pretty good relationship while he was helping Fred Smooth at MaddenNation.com and he helped me get into the community leader's program. But I guess EA does not want to promote any relationships with roster editors. I always thought it was funny because Chris Jacobs at NCAA Strategies has always been a good friend of mine and helped me edit rosters for other consoles (GameCube, PlayStation3). I guess because he never owned his own site and was a moderator at Utopia Football/ NCAA Strategies that allowed him to receive invites to Orlando.

From my standpoint... I am fairly confident that I will receive a copy of NCAA '10 early this year. I have accomplished the feat the past 5 years and I will keep my fingers crossed this summer. Regardless if it is ODogg, Countryboy or JSkywalker picking up a copy in Ohio.... or Yukmouf Jonez in Texas, or EA Sports... or whoever. I will try my hardest to locate a copy of the game early this year.

As for rosters:
I will only name the default rosters this year. I've said it before and I will say it again... dkrause does a wonderful job every year with his numerous roster updates. If you want the best DEFAULT roster file around use my roster file for those ONLINE games but if you want the most realistic and updated rosters use dkrause's rosters.

There is no reason that Xbox 360 gamers should NOT have both of our roster files for any NCAA Football titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »