Home

Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14

This is a discussion on Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #17
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14

As long as the Sam Keller case is going on, I highly doubt that we will see any roster leaks like last year. That would just give ammunition to Keller and his flunkies.

Edit: Oops. Didn't even read FK's post. Maybe I'm wrong...

Last edited by HokiesCavs; 06-18-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
Basically the only thing that I am doing anymore is naming the default rosters. Last fall the NCAA contacted me about my rosters. That was an eye-opener when the NCAA watchdogs are made aware of you. It is not worth the hassle of dealing with the NCAA and their lawyers. They called me a few times and sent a few letters advising me to stop promoting/distributing my rosters on my old site. Thus I did.... and I shut down the old site. I don't want any problems from the NCAA and with the new addition of the EA Locker there wasn't much need for my site anymore. In the future I will just post my rosters here at Operation Sports, NCAA Strategies and on the EA Locker.

One year I received a copy of NCAA Football early directly from EA Sports as a community leader. That year I completed my rosters four days before the game was officially released. Anyway, once RACzilla got a job at EA I thought that I may have a chance to get a copy of the game early annually. We had a pretty good relationship while he was helping Fred Smooth at MaddenNation.com and he helped me get into the community leader's program. But I guess EA does not want to promote any relationships with roster editors. I always thought it was funny because Chris Jacobs at NCAA Strategies has always been a good friend of mine and helped me edit rosters for other consoles (GameCube, PlayStation3). I guess because he never owned his own site and was a moderator at Utopia Football/ NCAA Strategies that allowed him to receive invites to Orlando.

From my standpoint... I am fairly confident that I will receive a copy of NCAA '10 early this year. I have accomplished the feat the past 5 years and I will keep my fingers crossed this summer. Regardless if it is ODogg, Countryboy or JSkywalker picking up a copy in Ohio.... or Yukmouf Jonez in Texas, or EA Sports... or whoever. I will try my hardest to locate a copy of the game early this year.

As for rosters:
I will only name the default rosters this year. I've said it before and I will say it again... dkrause does a wonderful job every year with his numerous roster updates. If you want the best DEFAULT roster file around use my roster file for those ONLINE games but if you want the most realistic and updated rosters use dkrause's rosters.

There is no reason that Xbox 360 gamers should NOT have both of our roster files for any NCAA Football titles.

If I'm not mistaken I talked with dkrause on a thread in the rosters section and he said he does not plan on making roster updates for all teams. Is this still true dkrause? Also I know a community effort to edit rosters was suggested. Who knows maybe the new rosters ea puts out wont need editing,
Old 06-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #19
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Thanks for the update FK.

Let us know if you need any help gathering info for specific schools. I am familiar with CU's roster and would be happy to help with their roster. PM me if you are interested.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #20
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

Any plans on releasing the Default named rosters? FK always had the best rosters, was looking forward to them this year.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Fairdale plans to do default named rosters on the 360 and will start working on them once EA releases a valid roster set. After that happens give him 7 to 10 days if past years are any indicator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #22
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

so, ea contacted FK about his rosters? lol what a joke..

but yet, they offer a ea locker so people can get rosters from other people?

i appreciate all the time and effort you put in over the years FK..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #23
Banned

russstwin1's Arena

OVR: 4

I have never had a named roster on launch day. Even if they got an advance copy, it was at least 2-3 days after launch, because it is time consuming. Have you done a roster before? I did it for NCAA 2K7 and it took me a week WITH help working on it for 8 or so hours a day (and that's all D-1 schools with 12-15 players, so 117 teams with 70 players would take longer). So EA would have to send them a copy about a month in advance for them to have it by release. But I don't think they want copies floating around that early.

Besides, DT steals rosters, so he'd just wait until someone else got it done (I know, not this again, right? )
Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #24
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
so, ea contacted FK about his rosters? lol what a joke..

but yet, they offer a ea locker so people can get rosters from other people?

i appreciate all the time and effort you put in over the years FK..
I am pretty sure he said that the NCAA contacted him about his rosters and not EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »