Home

Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14

This is a discussion on Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14

I wanted to start a thread so we can let EA know that we would appreciate it if they could give roster editors such as FK, DT et al. access to the EA Sports locker roster file prior to July 14. This would give these hard working gentlemen a head start on their laborious task of naming all 120 teams.

Unless these roster editors have access to the updated file prior to July 14 we will not have named rosters for up to a week after NCAA 10 is released.

Many gamers do not start their dynasties until they have named rosters. This means that many highly anticipated online and offline dynasties will be postponed until the named roster is available.

Per Russ, we know there is a chance that the online roster patch will not be available on July 14. It would be a shame if we do not have online rosters or named dynasty rosters the first week or so NCAA 10 is out.

EA, please give these roster editors early access to the updated roster file!

Fellow OSers, please do not turn this into a FK vs. DT flame war. Some people may prefer one roster editor over another, but we can all agree that getting names rosters ASAP is more important than these petty roster flame wars. We want this thread to stay open so EA can see that lots of us would like the roster editors to have early access to the updated roster file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Petition to get FK & DT the updated rosters before July 14

Im all for having roster editors get the updated rosters early.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think EA should just hire them. Let them handle everything roster related from day one.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Getting them the file early isn't going to do them any good unless they have the game. Plus, I seriously doubt that EA is going to publicly break street dates so that they can get the file to a bunch of guys who essentially serve as their legal loophole. There's a reason that the game doesn't come with named rosters.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Banned

ka520's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't give a damn what they do as long as they get the correct rosters in the game asap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I guess getting them named by release is the most important but EA shouldn't stoop to hire someone who sells rosters for a living.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseym12
I think EA should just hire them. Let them handle everything roster related from day one.
While I appreciate what these guys do to NAME rosters, that is a far cry from setting ratings and depth charts.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyLeagueQB
While I appreciate what these guys do to NAME rosters, that is a far cry from setting ratings and depth charts.
Agreed. I think Rosters are a much larger undertaking than we perceive. Not saying they couldn't do it, but let's not assume anyone who can type names can also do NCAA Rosters.

No disrespect intended.

Last edited by Security Device; 06-17-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: wrong word

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »