Home

The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4)

This is a discussion on The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4)

Good overall concept, i can tell you spent a lot of time on it, but I have a few questions:

Why is the AD running drills, setting depth charts, and coaching the team? Mike Bellotti is now the AD at Oregon, so Chip Kelly is coaching. Barry Alvarez is the AD at Wisconsin, so Bret Bielema is the coach. AD's normally don't coach, recruit, etc.

Do you think the NCAA would allow stadium revisions? Maybe create a new generic stadium but i doubt you could add to existing stadiums, what do you think?

This mode seems like it may make more sense as an overseer, NFL Head Coach style. What do you think?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #18
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Good overall concept, i can tell you spent a lot of time on it, but I have a few questions:

Why is the AD running drills, setting depth charts, and coaching the team? Mike Bellotti is now the AD at Oregon, so Chip Kelly is coaching. Barry Alvarez is the AD at Wisconsin, so Bret Bielema is the coach. AD's normally don't coach, recruit, etc.

Do you think the NCAA would allow stadium revisions? Maybe create a new generic stadium but i doubt you could add to existing stadiums, what do you think?

This mode seems like it may make more sense as an overseer, NFL Head Coach style. What do you think?
Everytime this AD idea comes up, it makes sense to make into its own game like NFL Head Coach. But I think it would obviously work better as a College Coach game. That would be amazing to start off at a small school and work ur way up the ladder. There are so many facets to being a HC in college with recruiting pipelines and hiring coaches.

Can u miagine building ur dream staff and bringing in the top ranked classes and then playing int he BCS? Or even taking a mid-major into a BCS conference? The possibilites are endless!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Everytime this AD idea comes up, it makes sense to make into its own game like NFL Head Coach. But I think it would obviously work better as a College Coach game. That would be amazing to start off at a small school and work ur way up the ladder. There are so many facets to being a HC in college with recruiting pipelines and hiring coaches.

Can u miagine building ur dream staff and bringing in the top ranked classes and then playing int he BCS? Or even taking a mid-major into a BCS conference? The possibilites are endless!
What? Seriously? NFL Head Coach is like a more in depth Madden, where the coach does most/every thing a coach would do in real life.

A college coach game would be the same thing, except, the coach is a college coach.

An AD mode would essentially be like Madden's Owner Mode.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like this idea as whole, and I really like certain aspects for implentation into Dynasty mode.
*The High School all-star game and the summer camps could be put into dynasty mode as part of the recruiting process.
*The home and home games, and neutral site games should also be in dynasty mode. Adam said he was trying to get home and hame and two for one's in next year, and I posted on being able to schedule neutral site games before.

I'ld also like to see some additions to your AD mode.
*Set ticket and merchandise prices. This way you have to find the right price for each to maximize your income. If you set them too high while you still a weaker team then your games won't sell out and your merch won't sell. But if you set it too low then you won't get the max benifit from sold out games/high attendance.
*Also with the Stadium expansion, you could have the ability to sell advertising/ get sponsers. While your still a lower level school you would only be able to get small local companies, and as you gain prestiege you'll attract larger national companies.
* This last idea might not be very popular, but I think this mode should be limited to use with only 1 or 2 star current schools or teambuilder schools. I know people would want to take their favorite school that is already a powerhouse and make them untouchable, but I don't see any challenge to that.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Love the idea, but there are major flaws with using current schools. I tink it should be more like TB and u build it into a powerhouse. Below are reasons why using current schools wouldn't work very well.

1) U would be hiring a new coach every 3 years since small schools would never match $ to bigger schools. Plus if ur school stays small, then the coaches would leave due to career advancement.

2) Would you ever move on to bigger schools as an AD? Thats how it is IRL. No small school AD stays at the same school, he aspires to career advancement also.

3) Not every small school is "new". Some schools don't need stadium expansion. They have been around for years, they just aren't a powerhouse program. Think off the schools in mid-major conferences. They are established programs, just not at the BCS level.

Just my thoughts. I love this idea for the last few years, but the more i think about it, the less I think it would be realistic.
To me that is what would make the mode good. While your a smaller school you would have to replace the coaches (head or coordinators) as you start having success. That is part of being an AD in real life. Of course as your school prestiege grows this should become less of a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #22
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I would rather the gameplay be fixed.

It seriously is a great idea, man. It's also very thought-out and would make it a good challenge trying to build up teams but in the authentic way real life ADs have to deal with. I'm going to have to check out the other 3 parts...
Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom41
To me that is what would make the mode good. While your a smaller school you would have to replace the coaches (head or coordinators) as you start having success. That is part of being an AD in real life. Of course as your school prestiege grows this should become less of a problem.
I agree, but that was my rebuttal to the point of him saying u can keep coaches. Thats just not realistic.

Also, AD mode might not be the correct name for this mode considering the AD is in charge of ALL sports, not just football.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

I love seeing the feedback on this, and getting people's wheels turning.. This is the same stuff that happens in those meetings the designers have at the beginning of every cycle. All this is making me want this mode even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise

It would be set up like the Owner Mode in Madden where you set prices, but you also run the team like a coach. I was thinking there could be 2 modes:

One that is just regular dynasty pretty much how its set up now.

The other would be AD mode and it includes all of the dynasty elements, plus the stuff I listed.

Idk about stadium revisions.. If they wouldn't/couldn't do it then the goal would be to make just one huge stadium in TeamBuilder. That could still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom41
I'ld also like to see some additions to your AD mode.
*Set ticket and merchandise prices. This way you have to find the right price for each to maximize your income. If you set them too high while you still a weaker team then your games won't sell out and your merch won't sell. But if you set it too low then you won't get the max benifit from sold out games/high attendance.
*Also with the Stadium expansion, you could have the ability to sell advertising/ get sponsers. While your still a lower level school you would only be able to get small local companies, and as you gain prestiege you'll attract larger national companies.
* This last idea might not be very popular, but I think this mode should be limited to use with only 1 or 2 star current schools or teambuilder schools. I know people would want to take their favorite school that is already a powerhouse and make them untouchable, but I don't see any challenge to that.
I forgot to mention that first part..

I was thinking this same thing. Like I said above, if this was actually split into 2 modes (Dynasty how it is, and then AD mode w/all the dynasty elements - essentially the hardcore feature)... and you choose AD mode, you would have to start out at a 1 or 2 star program. Building up to get to your favorite school would also add incentive & be so rewarding going from Idaho to Oregon.

Quote:
Also, AD mode might not be the correct name for this mode considering the AD is in charge of ALL sports, not just football.
Yea its just the one I figured everyone could relate to and recognize.. more ideas would obviously need thrown into the hat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »