Home

The top rushing teams in 2008 and blocking schemes

This is a discussion on The top rushing teams in 2008 and blocking schemes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #25
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The top rushing teams in 2008 and blocking schemes

trojanfootballanalysis is a GREAT site. The owner broke down the old Nebraska running game, Urban Meyer's playbook at Utah, and he's looking at Oregon's running game. The dev team needs to be looking at sites like that for blocking assignments, formation ideas, and play ideas. They really need to be doing that stuff ASAP so they can already be coming up with ideas for things to work into 11.

Plus, the FB occasionally bails on dive plays as opposed to going through the line and blowing up the LB in addition to screen passes and pulling plays...there should be some kind of way to translate that into leaving a player unblocked on an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #26
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Does Okie State throw more than run? When I saw them last year, it seemed like they aired it out quite a bit, as opposed to the Rodriguez offense which is tilted to the run. Just curious.
3191 passing yards (326 attempts) and 3149 rushing yards (582 attempts) in 2008. The year before they had the exact same amount in both. They keep it pretty balanced.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #27
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
3191 passing yards (326 attempts) and 3149 rushing yards (582 attempts) in 2008. The year before they had the exact same amount in both. They keep it pretty balanced.
Interesting. I can look it up, but it sounds like their offense is in the Rodriguez spread category, although I'm sure it has a more creative passing attack with who you have at QB. It'll be interesting to see what Michigan does with a competent QB this year, because the spread (shotgun) option is a lot less effective when the defense has no fear of even the simplest passing attack. Oklahoma State was deadly offensively (from what I saw), but they will need to be better defensively to be a threat in the Big 12.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #28
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Interesting. I can look it up, but it sounds like their offense is in the Rodriguez spread category, although I'm sure it has a more creative passing attack with who you have at QB. It'll be interesting to see what Michigan does with a competent QB this year, because the spread (shotgun) option is a lot less effective when the defense has no fear of even the simplest passing attack. Oklahoma State was deadly offensively (from what I saw), but they will need to be better defensively to be a threat in the Big 12.
That's pretty much the scouting report for more than half the teams in the Big 12. lol. We got a new defensive coordinator in here this year. Hopefully, he'll be able to get us turned around on that side of the ball, but I'll believe it when I see it.

We run a little more Ace sets and I formation sets than Rich Rod. We also throw the ball a little more, but our offense looks pretty similar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »