Home

Dear NCAA Dev Team...

This is a discussion on Dear NCAA Dev Team... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Dear NCAA Dev Team...

we all knew where this was going.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #10
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

It's hard being a newbie around here. lol

You'll learn the ropes.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
You couldn't be more wrong on that point. Most of it is completely justified.
Winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
It's hard being a newbie around here. lol

You'll learn the ropes.
actually i have been here for over 2 years... with different usernames. just because I dont post alot does not mean I dont know how things work. I am a current programmer and can understand some of the heat these guys are taking whereas most people don't understand how it works. I knew when I posted this thread I was gonna get ripped and the only people that responded would be the ones that are negative.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
actually i have been here for over 2 years... with different usernames. just because I dont post alot does not mean I dont know how things work. I am a current programmer and can understand some of the heat these guys are taking whereas most people don't understand how it works. I knew when I posted this thread I was gonna get ripped and the only people that responded would be the ones that are negative.

so, what difficulty is causing them 2 years of not figuring certain things out ? serious question because I know nothing about what they do
Old 06-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I want to start this by saying I read alot of crap on here and bashing of you guys... some of it is slightly justified... but the majority is not. You guys reaching out into the community has influenced the way this game is made (especially in finding bugs.) I feel like some people have alot of built up frustration from release problems and other factors from previous years and that leads to some of the flaming around here and some can't stand the idea that not every single thing got into the game that they wanted. I will admit some of the setbacks from NCAA 10 has had me a bit discouraged... but I do see improvement. I know being a programmer that it is not easy to just go in and fix a bug in 5 minutes and alot of people don't understand that. Also some people forget that budget and influences from marketing and higher ups alters what the dev team can and cannot do from year to year. I hope all of you will continue to talk with us here and on other boards in the future.
I agree with you gator. Now I am as disappointed as anyone else about some of the features not being addressed. But some of you just take it too far. You can make a powerful statement by not buying a game. You do not have to make personal attacks and threats. You also don't have to talk about people needing to be fired. If you don't buy the product, then you will speak loud enough. But in these times, I really don't think it's cool to politic for someone to be fired.

One again, saying the game sucks and talking about ways to fix the game is cool to me. Just leave the comments to the game in my opinion
Old 06-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
so, what difficulty is causing them 2 years of not figuring certain things out ? serious question because I know nothing about what they do
It is difficult to say without being actually there but I will say this and Adam has been quoted saying this before and its true. Code isn't simple... you change one thing and a bunch of other things can go wrong and you have to even find the problem as well. People talk about we want a new engine and this engine stinks... that is alot of work for a game that is on a 1 year development cycle. Just patching something takes hours of work. In regards to the Madden team and how they make such large improvements... Madden is the flagship of EA Sports. They probably have the most resources out of any game in development so in essence more people = less hours of time spent tinkering. It wouldn't suprise me if NCAA has about half the budget of Madden (that is just a guess.) I said a week ago or so about how I thought the NCAA team was being a bit too conservative but I would like to retract that as well. There was more work done on this game then what first appeared to tuning it seems. So without being there specifically it is hard to say... but it isn't simple like turning knob like some people (not specifically you) think it is.

Last edited by gatorman1050; 06-19-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 02:27 AM   #16
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I am a current programmer and can understand some of the heat these guys are taking whereas most people don't understand how it works. I knew when I posted this thread I was gonna get ripped and the only people that responded would be the ones that are negative.
Im a gamer and can understand a good game from a half-assed one. Stick to writing Dear Santa letters instead.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »