Home

Dear NCAA Dev Team...

This is a discussion on Dear NCAA Dev Team... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dear NCAA Dev Team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
It is difficult to say without being actually there but I will say this and Adam has been quoted saying this before and its true. Code isn't simple... you change one thing and a bunch of other things can go wrong and you have to even find the problem as well. People talk about we want a new engine and this engine stinks... that is alot of work for a game that is on a 1 year development cycle. Just patching something takes hours of work. In regards to the Madden team and how they make such large improvements... Madden is the flagship of EA Sports. They probably have the most resources out of any game in development so in essence more people = less hours of time spent tinkering. It wouldn't suprise me if NCAA has about half the budget of Madden (that is just a guess.) I said a week ago or so about how I thought the NCAA team was being a bit too conservative but I would like to retract that as well. There was more work done on this game then what first appeared to tuning it seems. So without being there specifically it is hard to say... but it isn't simple like turning knob like some people (not specifically you) think it is.
Paragraphs are your friend ..

So Madden is the flagship and has more resources yet NHL in my opinion has surpassed Madden. It has nothing to do with financial backing, or resources ..

When it comes down with making a great game for as many people as possible, it all comes down to Passion.

It just seems as though the dev team either does not have passion for the making of video games, or they don't have passion for the great sport that is Football. Seems like they just do what they can, collect their cheque and move on ..

To make a great game, you have got to want to make a great game .. they have not shown that, as sad as it is to say ..

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Old 06-19-2009, 02:55 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed O'Neil
Paragraphs are your friend ..
This please.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:04 AM   #19
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4

in before the lock!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:14 AM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Locking this for obvious reasons.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »