Home

Who's going with the PS2 version?

This is a discussion on Who's going with the PS2 version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 AM   #73
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Who's going with the PS2 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I may be speaking out of my a** here, but am I reading correctly that you guys can get the rosters for the PS2 version (2010), and use them for the PS3 version as well to import to Madden 10 on the PS3?

Edit: Just bought a PS3.. so I have no idea what its capabilities are yet..
No. Draft classes only work for whatever system you bought the game for. They are saying that you can play the PS2 game on the PS3 and get rosters for that PS2 game.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
No. Draft classes only work for whatever system you bought the game for. They are saying that you can play the PS2 game on the PS3 and get rosters for that PS2 game.
O got ya.. someone will have to enlighten me about how that works when the time comes.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #75
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm keen to get the 09 PS2 game but am not really sure if its worth upgrading from 06 on the original Xbox. It still seems like quite a solid game. Are there enough improvements to justify another $50? $50 Australian that is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 07:27 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
PS2 is perfect guys, they don't need to change it. They are only now adding fluff like family stuff because they got it perfect. They aren't trying to add fluff and avoid fixing gameplay. I strongly recommend the PS2 version for those who are sick of the crap on "next gen"

Stadiums are all authentic aside from ones that they can't legally get in
Recruiting has been the same all through the years. Rosters are pretty easy to manage as well. They added number management which is a pretty sweet way to manage numbers.
I haven't read the whole thread, but the PS2 version is far from perfect from a gameplay standpoint. However, it is still light years ahead of the PS3. If you are a gameplay guy, PS2 is the way to go.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I'm keen to get the 09 PS2 game but am not really sure if its worth upgrading from 06 on the original Xbox. It still seems like quite a solid game. Are there enough improvements to justify another $50? $50 Australian that is.

Sure, depending on your finances. I was in Oz last year.. so that's about $30 USD no?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #78
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah it would cost me around $50 Australian including post to get it out here. The exchange rate has actually improved a ton since last year. Our dollar is buying 80 US cents now which is decent. Makes buying games online tons cheaper than instore.

As each day passes and new info comes to light on next gen NCAA I convince myself further that I will buy the PS2 version. Might have to invest in one of those new memory card mods to avoid having to use swap magic every single time I boot up the game.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #79
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Cough cough. Come ON EA. This is getting ridiculous. It's a simple damn question.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #80
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Cough cough. Come ON EA. This is getting ridiculous. It's a simple damn question.
KLE dont think your ever gonna get an answer but i have this feeling that rosters on PS2 will be 100% correct and the roster issue is only on Next-Gen due to the team builder thing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »