Home

poll: are you buying NCAA '10?

This is a discussion on poll: are you buying NCAA '10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you buy NCAA '10?
Yes, I will buy it new 160 36.36%
Yes, but I will buy it used 43 9.77%
No 237 53.86%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: poll: are you buying NCAA '10?

Yep
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm only buying it if the custom made draft classes they've made for Madden suck
Old 06-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #83
Rookie

Man O'War's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm gonna buy NCAA09 tomorrow and I'm gonna by NCAA10 when it comes out.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 35

Not as of right now, but i will rent to see how i feel.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #85
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yes because since it came to ext gen i complained with each post about CAS. And it's in....AT LAST. I will buy it and LOVE it.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #86
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

I think the ncaa 10 demo is below avg. Offline NCAA 10 demo is 65 out of 100.
What it can do in online dynasty given the demo gameplay; 80 out of 100.
Bought NCAA 09 will buy NCAA 10
I bought NCAA 09 after skipping 07 and 08, and got about 600 hours of play out of my 60 dollars and enjoyed atleast 590 of them. Played maybe 9 games with guys who cheesed to the point the game wasn't fun. I have preorder NCAA 10 and will still get it. The improvements will make online dynasty that much better.
I played 413 online dynasty games. 4 Play now games( bad players and cheese in play now lobbies) and 69 offline games.

Online dynasties in 10 will be better this year
Side note eight out of ten guys on here say they dont play online because they play sim style. If those 8 guys get in an online dynasty together, everybody will play like you want. Thats how most dynasties are. Most players do play within rules set for the dynasty.
The commish polices the dynasty and its the smartest opponents you can play. Another human being, adapting and trying to win the game with every move he makes.
The human opponent helped to hide the bad AI and everything else.

EA is not losing sales money on NCAA 09 or NCAA 10. Bad argument

1) The numbers are not correct. I was on that VG sight to post about another point and you don't have the total sales correct.
PSP and DS sales need to be added and were in the300,000 to 400,000 range total for 2009. total sales was 1.8-1.7 million for ncaa 2009 in 44 weeks.

2) you can't compare something that was on sale for 48 weeks(less than a year) vs something that was on sale for 100 weeks(almost 2 years). In fact NCAA 08 was so bad that people still purchased 07 in that 100 week period the next summer. 07 was basically the only ncaa game out for 2 years. Many people bought 08 only to trade that crap back in, but it still is a sale as far as the vg sight is concerned.

even with the sales numbers the difference in dollars due to higher price of this gen was about (estimates)
Ncaa 09= 96 million dollars on all systems in 48 weeks
Ncaa 07= 84 million dollars on all systems in 100 weeks

Loose opinions
The reason they might not listen to us is, many people post untrue or inaccurate information with out any facts. And they act like they could do it better. Opinions are different from off the wall statements. Everybody has a right to an opinion but opinions based on fact or knowledge are more respected and listened to.
Before you post think about this;
1)A guy who has had a broken leg sees someone else break a leg and says I know that hurts or it don't hurt that bad. His opinion.

2)A guy who never had a broken bone and says that the guys broken leg doesn't hurt. Thats not a very good opinion. It is an opinion, but most would say guy #2 is an a$$h*le and wont listen to what he has to say.

Guys who played the demo or the game at E3 have the right to be in group 1. All you other guys are in group 2 if you post it sucks and didnt play it.

quick comment- In comparing next gen vs last gen, remember PS3 and 360 cross platform games are still made on DVD size discs just like the last gen xbox and ps2. (the show is a sony exlusive and has a large footprint on the blu-ray disc)

The future

The thing we ALL should ask and demand an answer for(with at least 4 minute videos as proof) is the following prior to buying NCAA 11;

Is NCAA 11 going to have the improvements we need?
Are the developers creating a new game engine/ overhauling the game engine for NCAA 11?

The evidence says they might.

Madden sharing ideas and resources
1) The Madden team and NCAA team worked together and share many elements that are done in joint teams. Madden didnt develop adaptive ai, and ncaa develop their own adaptive AI. A joint team probably developed it and they share the idea. The Madden team might lead but there is most likely an ncaa guy on these teams.

Developer time and tasks in NCAA development
Ian, The Madden lead, worked on teambuilder. It was mostly his idea. Yet he still had time to fix and add all he did too Madden 10.

Season Showdown- (i am a computer science major) There is not much to season showdown from a write the code, developer stand point that is new from 09. The core of what they call Season Showdown is in Ncaa 09. Its the credit system from NCAA 09, reported, linked to a web sight and servers, add menus, and made into a competition. Most don't understand but the time it took to put this in, they may have been able to add different color cleats or colored socks and thats it. If they just took out the Season Showdown time and would use it for what ever we wanted, they would not have many things small enough to take its place.

Sales seems like the most important part of ncaa 10 development
Season Showdown will boost sales. us 400-600 people on this board voting in this topic will not equal a fraction of the new sales they will get from this once the ad campaign really starts in a couple of weeks. We will be drowned in Season Showdown hype.

They added alot of fluff( I think its good fluff that will boost sales because people love competition and Season Showdown is just a school on school competition and teambuilder just personalizes the competition with your own small college or high school) that should not have taken too much time.
Many of the game play tweaks help boost the online dynasty community. They will make online dynasty better than it was on a bad game in 09. Most loyal OD players will buy again, just for those tweaks. Season Showdown will get new school spirit type people to buy and play it, and teambuilder will add another group of buyers, who would not buy it just to play an offline football game.

They added enough light and fluffy features to boost sales without using much resources and time.

When you consider the Madden team had already developed gang tackles and other Madden 09 things in NCAA 10, and took the lead on protak and adaptive AI and other shared improvements, The NCAA team had a lot of time to do something else.

So why did we just get NCAA 9.5 or why does NCAA 10 = madden 09?

Maybe they needed to have two years to fix NCAA and make it play like Madden 10. They gave us fluff and aligned the game with madden 09 this year, so they could apply the changes that madden 10 has for NCAA 11. Might have been the only way to do it and drop a game every year.

If NCAA 11 does not play like or close to madden 10 or represent at least a good (doesn't have to be the greatest game made) game of football from a strategy and execution standpoint, I will not buy this series again new, until they get it right.

Last edited by smace767; 06-20-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow. 159 liars on OS!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #88
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm betting that at least half of the 159 people that say they aren't getting the game will get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »