Home

Just played NCAA 09 and ...

This is a discussion on Just played NCAA 09 and ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Just played NCAA 09 and ...

... I've gotta say that players on both sides of the ball were MUCH more agile and responsive in 09. I hit the juke button and the ballcarrier jukes. There's no half-second delay.

Part of that might be because NCAA 09's camera really puts you behind the action and you can see what's going on. When I play the NCAA 10 demo I feel like I'm driving a big Cadillac and the action is all kind of distant and far away.

But whatever the case I already miss NCAA 09's fluidity and control. I miss the left stick jukes and the breakaway animation engine. And the camera.

That said: NCAA 10 definitely seems more polished all around. The AI is sharper, the graphics are more vibrant and cleaner, the passing game and the pass rush are roughly 1,846,137 times better, and player lock and gameplanning rule -- I just wish all that didn't have to come at the expense of player control.

Curious to hear what some of you guys would think if you fired up 09 after playing the NCAA 10 demo.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Just played NCAA 09 and ...

As a 2k gamer, I feel more comfortable with the minor delay. When you want to juke in real life it isn't instant like in 09. You actually have a sorta of delay from thinking, to setting up your momentum and doing the move. I think the way they have it now tries to accomplish this.

― Plato
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
... I've gotta say that players on both sides of the ball were MUCH more agile and responsive in 09. I hit the juke button and the ballcarrier jukes. There's no half-second delay.

Part of that might be because NCAA 09's camera really puts you behind the action and you can see what's going on. When I play the NCAA 10 demo I feel like I'm driving a big Cadillac and the action is all kind of distant and far away.

But whatever the case I already miss NCAA 09's fluidity and control. I miss the left stick jukes and the breakaway animation engine. And the camera.

That said: NCAA 10 definitely seems more polished all around. The AI is sharper, the graphics are more vibrant and cleaner, the passing game and the pass rush are roughly 1,846,137 times better, and player lock and gameplanning rule -- I just wish all that didn't have to come at the expense of player control.

Curious to hear what some of you guys would think if you fired up 09 after playing the NCAA 10 demo.
IMO the graphics in 09 look better than 10
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Or the delay is just because it's not the final build for the demo. It got sent in about a month ago to Micro$oft. So yeah, it's not as polished as it will be.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
\When you want to juke in real life it isn't instant like in 09. You actually have a sorta of delay from thinking, to setting up your momentum and doing the move. I think the way they have it now tries to accomplish this.
I respectfully disagree. By the time I press the button in NCAA 10, I've already done the thinking, I've slowed down to set up the defender, I've taken an angle to fake him out of his jock.

So when I press the button, the ballcarrier should bloody well juke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #6
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
IMO the graphics in 09 look better than 10
That's what I was expecting, but the graphics in NCAA 10 are fuller and richer and the lighting is better. Player muscles look slightly better in 10.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
As a 2k gamer, I feel more comfortable with the minor delay. When you want to juke in real life it isn't instant like in 09. You actually have a sorta of delay from thinking, to setting up your momentum and doing the move. I think the way they have it now tries to accomplish this.
I must say I agree with you Canes.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

A Gator and a Cane fan agree? Now if I could get you to agree we are set up better for the future haha.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »