Home

Has anyone blocked a punt or a FG? Is a patch needed?

This is a discussion on Has anyone blocked a punt or a FG? Is a patch needed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #17
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Has anyone blocked a punt or a FG? Is a patch needed?

I just blocked a PAT in the demo!

Using Florida, one of DTs (CPU controlled) busted through the middle and put a hand up and blocked it. Spikes pick it up and was tackled within 2 steps. I lost the game 6-0.

I haven't done that in awhile.

Edit: This was on Heisman (PS3)

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-20-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I personally think they have to go in and adjust the amount of time it takes the kicker to actually kick the ball. Its like the snap & kick happen simultaneously.

For the record, I've blocked 1 FG & 2 punts.. all time. It needs to be looked at.
I agree with this, have the time taken to get a kick off vary on the snap and such
Old 06-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

I blocked 1 FG in '09 legit...it was in the Rose Bowl Oregon/Penn State...DL had a great push and somehow the DT jumped and knocked it down. But considering the thousands of games I played that was pretty ridiculous that only once did it happen. However, I was bored one day so I went to practice to try and see how I could figure out how to block one. Get the fastest guy on your team, put him on the left side of the block formation...then run him all the way to the right before it's snapped, and time the snap so you can sprint by the blocker on the outside and you can dive and block it fairly easily. Never really used it because it was too hard to time it consistantly enough to be worth getting 5 yard penalties all of the time. As far as punts, as long as the other team is in the regular punt formation and you are in the block formation, blocking a punt isn't too hard. However, it's ridiculous that you can't ever put any kind of pressure on the punter in a regular formation...but that goes back to the poor OL/DL interaction. Some of this could possibly be remedied if they would put bad snaps into the game...because a majority of blocked kicks and punts are caused by bad snaps or bad snap handling by the the punter/holder. Which leads me to believe that they need to put a Long Snap rating and a Holder rating in the game. And make them actually mean something unlike many of the other ratings in the game.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

I came close to blocking one in the demo.

We asked for bad snaps on our wish list. I've seen 'em outta shotgun, but not on special teams.

If we're lucky (and I doubt we will be), there will occasionally be bad snaps on FGs, punts and PATs this year. That way you might have an extra second or so to get in there and block it.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #21
Rookie

ksucats's Arena

OVR: 4

I have never block a field goal but i did tackle the holder in one of the games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 37

Hey, don't feel bad... I haven't blocked a kick since 07 on the PS2. Maybe no formation subs has something to do with it
Old 06-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #23
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

In '07 and '08 you'd get a few. A very realistic number if you ask me. Quite a few in online and what not, but people complained that they happened too much so they probably made it harder.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 AM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well It seemed that I blocked a FG in one of my games in ncaa 09 the other day. I went back the the reveiw looked at it a few times. It seemed my defensive guy did block the ball. But it went right through his hand. And I was like WTF. The ball went right through is his as if my player was a freaking ghost. That ball was clearly blocked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »