Home

Is home field advantage gone?

This is a discussion on Is home field advantage gone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Is home field advantage gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
It is still there.
Good but has it been intensified? If I go into Ohio I should not be able to hear the plays, the controller should be rattling and the crowd should be going nuts.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Speaking strictly from an online gaming standpoint, HFA was one of the many poorly implemented features. Maybe even the worst.

Basically, it was very hard to find a game where you weren't the away team. Many people would only play as the home team and they would back out when they were away.

Next, you could sit on defense all day, call the same play, and simply pump up the crowd. When you played at LSU, UF, Ohio St., you were probably going to lose, even if you were the better player with a better team. I learned real quick how to run plays without audibling. HFA rendered audibling useless on this game.

My problem is that the decibels the crowd on the EA game hit don't stay that constant all game. There may be 3 or 4 times a game when they hit peak. Those instances come on critical times and points of the game. Have watched and have been to plenty of games to know this is true. Doesn't mean it isn't loud the rest of the game, just not what EA made it out to be.

As well, the crowd noise does not effect players and audibling as implemented. Players work with hand signals. The routes aren't going to be altered like EA shows. That part was so Video Gamish rather than sim. HFA was just Fluff the way it was implemented.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

this was the reason why i didn't play against florida or usc because it ruined my game plan (hurry up offense).
Old 06-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It is still there.
lol....right, where? cuz no one else can see it.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by md0t
lol....right, where? cuz no one else can see it.
What do you mean "where?" When you play the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #22
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
What do you mean "where?" When you play the game
ha, never mind....I realized its still in the game from u saying that....I just dont notice it when I play. but I am glad the momentum, camera shake, the flaggers that come out after every touchdown and the crowd that responds accordingly is still in the game - *phew almost had a moment.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by md0t
ha, never mind....I realized its still in the game from u saying that....I just dont notice it when I play. but I am glad the momentum, camera shake, the flaggers that come out after every touchdown and the crowd that responds accordingly is still in the game - *phew almost had a moment.
You mean the demo? There is no homefield advantage in neutral site games.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #24
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Speaking strictly from an online gaming standpoint, HFA was one of the many poorly implemented features. Maybe even the worst.

Basically, it was very hard to find a game where you weren't the away team. Many people would only play as the home team and they would back out when they were away.

Next, you could sit on defense all day, call the same play, and simply pump up the crowd. When you played at LSU, UF, Ohio St., you were probably going to lose, even if you were the better player with a better team. I learned real quick how to run plays without audibling. HFA rendered audibling useless on this game.

My problem is that the decibels the crowd on the EA game hit don't stay that constant all game. There may be 3 or 4 times a game when they hit peak. Those instances come on critical times and points of the game. Have watched and have been to plenty of games to know this is true. Doesn't mean it isn't loud the rest of the game, just not what EA made it out to be.

As well, the crowd noise does not effect players and audibling as implemented. Players work with hand signals. The routes aren't going to be altered like EA shows. That part was so Video Gamish rather than sim. HFA was just Fluff the way it was implemented.
I disagree. I think game planning was important more than ever playing at a stadium with a huge HFA. I think it depends on sliders (assuming you are talking about last gen), but the team with HFA should have an advantage, but I've seen those teams punished for doing the things you talked about (calling the same plays on either side of the ball). As far as crowd noise, it wasn't loud all the time in my experience. On second downs, the crowd is less noisy if you gain yardage on first down, and on third down they are as loud as ever like in real life. If the home team is behind or getting blown out, the stadium can be like a church. I thought they nailed HFA on last gen, but that's obviously just my opinion, and I respect your opinion as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »