Home

College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

This is a discussion on College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #57
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

okay guys i bashed NCAA alot and im going to defend it a lil on this. Notice games with low graphic quality can do more stuff presentation wise for example APF 2k8 will never look better than madden but has the little things that make it a great game.

So it seems that in order to get that kind of presentation the graphics will have to dumb down a bit and we not going to want that and to say that madden did it you right but NCAA has always been a step behind Madden.

I know you guys say NCAA 04 was the best football game of all time but was it really better than madden 04 cause thats when we got introduced to owner mode which was the best mode in football gaming history (other than online crap) but dont get me wrong I hate the dev team for NCAA but I will defend them on this one.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

The field goal nets are nice additions, except that they put them up in places that don't have them...and they just pop out of nowhere. Those should be stadium specific.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #59
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteamontheboat
okay guys i bashed NCAA alot and im going to defend it a lil on this. Notice games with low graphic quality can do more stuff presentation wise for example APF 2k8 will never look better than madden but has the little things that make it a great game.

So it seems that in order to get that kind of presentation the graphics will have to dumb down a bit and we not going to want that and to say that madden did it you right but NCAA has always been a step behind Madden.

I know you guys say NCAA 04 was the best football game of all time but was it really better than madden 04 cause thats when we got introduced to owner mode which was the best mode in football gaming history (other than online crap) but dont get me wrong I hate the dev team for NCAA but I will defend them on this one.
I agree. Graphics really aren't everything. On 08 you could zoom into jumbotrons and see each pixel on the thing, I thought that was dumb and probably took up a lot of memory. Same thing with being able to zoom into the warning sticker on the helmets.

I really don't care if the graphics don't looks as good as GTA or whatever, give me other stuff that only next gen can do.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #60
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
The field goal nets are nice additions, except that they put them up in places that don't have them...and they just pop out of nowhere. Those should be stadium specific.
Haha I know. In the USC vs. Oregon video, they have where the nets should go and yet the nets pop up out of no where in front of it.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

The casual gamer will pick graphics over presentation/atmosphere anyday. That is the EA's demographic - they're the consumers who don't frequent the message boards and just want to PLAY.

Which is why the saying "It's in the Game", has always made me roll my eyes.

Btw, I love NCAA 04 - I'm playing the crap out of it now. Actually started a dynasty report on it in the HQ section to celebrate. I honestly don't think I will settle for NCAA 2010 this year.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...thew-oder.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #62
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The casual gamer will pick graphics over presentation/atmosphere anyday. That is the EA's demographic - they're the consumers who don't frequent the message boards and just want to PLAY.
While this is true no game has ever had great presentation, besides MLB 09: The Show. Whenever my friends are over and see me playing it they are so impressed with not only how good it looks, but how much it looks like a real baseball game you would watch on T.V.

If the NCAA team were to give us presentation that can at least replicate what The Show has done I am sure the casual gamer will start to appreciate the presentation aspect more. You can't want something if you don't know it exists and I think that's the problem with the casual gamer they don't know that the level of presentation is possible.

With use hardcore guys though it's different. It's more of a case of "you don't know what you got until it's gone."
Old 06-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 12

I want excessive celebration penalties for celebrating with the mascot. I want to be able to taunt the other teams mascot, then get flagged. More celebrations after big plays.

Storming the field after BIG upsets... if they can pan out and have a marching band, they can have the student section pour onto the field and tear down the goal posts... Call all the schools, figure out which ones allow the field to be stormed, look at the auto collapsing goal posts, put it in. It would be so sweet to upset a #1 team in a huge rivalry game and see the field get stormed.

I also want more mascot, team specific entrances...

Just imagine starting your game, seeing the Chief Osceola on Renegade burst onto the 50 and with the entire team behind him, and having him throw the flaming spear into the ground... It would be awesome.

Teams holding the helmet up pre game, pre game huddles... watch college football and put it in NCAA Dev team.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 18

Good work BORN4CORN

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »