Home

Fan Support

This is a discussion on Fan Support within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Fan Support

A small thing i noticed in the demo and with past NCAA games is that whenever you are playing at a neutral site stadium, Bowl game, or a Conference Championship game that only one team gets support from the crowd even though it is split 50/50. What i mean is the crowd chants defense on 3rd downs, shouts team chants, cheers big plays, etc. for the default home team. To me it Kinda takes away from the atmosphere

Last edited by JayD; 06-21-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fan Support

A lot of things are wrong about the atmosphere jayd. Let's hope the ea team notices this like we do.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Was it this way in last gen too? I don't exactly remember, but I think the designated home team in bowl games always have been the only one to get cheers.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

it goes with the home team.

@AdamdotH
Old 06-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

It is not a small thing, it is a big thing JayD.

I have suggested in the past that the NCAA (and all other EA Sports titles) should move to a 1 fan - 1 voice atmosphere system.

Thereby, the proportion of fans within the stadium will dictate how loud each chant is.

For example, if there is a game in the Big House and there are 100,000 Michigan fans, but only 5,000 Akron fans, you should still hear a faint D-Fence sound on 3rd and long when Akron is on D. Thus, for neutral site games and bowl games, you'll hear a more even tone. Furthermore, if there is a blow out and the loosing team's fans leave, their volume level should decrease significantly.

This shoudl be easy to implement. But I would think it would be relatively simple like this:

Volume of sound = (# of fans of team A)/(# of total fans). Based on the Mich example above you would get.

Akron fan's volume at = 4.76% of max
Michigan fan's volume at = 95.24% of max.

This can be recaluclated before any crowd sound is played, thus as fans leave, the volume decreases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 37

I agree, it is frustrating when you are the road team.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
It is not a small thing, it is a big thing JayD.

I have suggested in the past that the NCAA (and all other EA Sports titles) should move to a 1 fan - 1 voice atmosphere system.

Thereby, the proportion of fans within the stadium will dictate how loud each chant is.

For example, if there is a game in the Big House and there are 100,000 Michigan fans, but only 5,000 Akron fans, you should still hear a faint D-Fence sound on 3rd and long when Akron is on D. Thus, for neutral site games and bowl games, you'll hear a more even tone. Furthermore, if there is a blow out and the loosing team's fans leave, their volume level should decrease significantly.

This shoudl be easy to implement. But I would think it would be relatively simple like this:

Volume of sound = (# of fans of team A)/(# of total fans). Based on the Mich example above you would get.

Akron fan's volume at = 4.76% of max
Michigan fan's volume at = 95.24% of max.

This can be recaluclated before any crowd sound is played, thus as fans leave, the volume decreases.
Great idea. Good post
Old 06-22-2009, 05:33 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ya they really need to even it out to where both teams have support on both sides.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »