Home

Dump Corso...........

This is a discussion on Dump Corso........... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Dump Corso...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug00
I'd love it if the NCAA team followed the lead from the FIFA team and had DLC for other announcing crews. I don't know if the technology and coding NCAA uses would allow this through DLC, but having the ability to choose between multiple announce crews gave FIFA '09 additional life for me and I still play it 9 months later (can't say that for any of the next gen NCAA games).
I'm not sure if FIFA uses the same speech designer as we do. They used to, but I know they have a new one at the Canada studio. Either way, it could be done. It would certainly have to be DLC because it wouldn't fit on the disk.

How big are the downloads for FIFA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #26
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I wasnt trying to imply that work hasnt been done but it just doesnt show.
I know that's what you said, and my reply was explaining why it doesn't show.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #27
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I like all three guys in the booth. Keep'em all, but give them new scripts.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I think generic announcers would be something to look into as well when you are playing regionally broadcast games in dynasty..
Didn't they do something like that in an old version? I haven't played NCAA since 2006 on PS2, and I don't think is one in that one, but is seems like I remeber long ago, they used to have certain announcers for National games, certain ones for regional games, and they also had untelivised games with just the PA announcer. I may have just dreamt this, but i could have sworn they did this way back in the day. And if they didn't, they should.
I do like the idea about DLC with different announcers. This could even be another way EA could make money, by offering you the the option to DL the the official school broadcast team for your favorite school. I know I'ld pay to be able to listen to, Dave South, call the games that I play with Texas A&M, and I'ld be willing to bet most of you would do the same for your favorite teams.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #29
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I'm not sure if FIFA uses the same speech designer as we do. They used to, but I know they have a new one at the Canada studio. Either way, it could be done. It would certainly have to be DLC because it wouldn't fit on the disk.

How big are the downloads for FIFA?
I'm out of town so I can't check on XBL, but I think they were anywhere from 600-900mb and they charged $5 for each commentary pack.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #30
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom41
Didn't they do something like that in an old version? I haven't played NCAA since 2006 on PS2, and I don't think is one in that one, but is seems like I remeber long ago, they used to have certain announcers for National games, certain ones for regional games, and they also had untelivised games with just the PA announcer. I may have just dreamt this, but i could have sworn they did this way back in the day. And if they didn't, they should.
I do like the idea about DLC with different announcers. This could even be another way EA could make money, by offering you the the option to DL the the official school broadcast team for your favorite school. I know I'ld pay to be able to listen to, Dave South, call the games that I play with Texas A&M, and I'ld be willing to bet most of you would do the same for your favorite teams.
We've had the 3 guys since NCAA 2002. If the game is not televised, there will be no TV announcers (just PA). It has always been this way since 2002.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #31
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Nessler, Herbie and Corso are a must have for this game. They are just synonomous with college football and EA's NCAA Football.

Additional presentation elements would be welcome though. I like that idea a lot.

I've noticed several new lines already in the demo. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Yeah the crew is fine...the game just needs more presentation. The problem is, you rely so much on the broadcast team to give you a "television" feel that its impossible for them to succeed.

Coach shots, fan shots, players celebrating, shots of the mascot, players warming up on the sidelines, pre-game shows, etc...etc...etc... are things sorely needed in the NCAA series.

If you guys could steal some of the presentational aspects from Madden and add it to the NCAA '11, it would take this game's atmosphere to whole other level.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »