Home

Possible features/items to provide depth...

This is a discussion on Possible features/items to provide depth... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Possible features/items to provide depth...

in the future.

I know there are more pressing needs but these would be nice additions IMHO.

-Online Dynasty-
> Need to name a Co-commish. This would be a nice option. He can advance or be limited to other tasks.

> House Rules - It would be cool if you guys could take a list of typical, common House Rules we use and be able to limit things in the OD. Like for instance, user-catching. That's one that would obviously be optional. Sportsmanship type plays would be in here too.
There would be others as well like recruiting "House Rules" where you would select if you could recruit:

All recruits
Interested recruits
Pipeline recruits
or designate a region where you could only recruit players. This would be optional and you could choose any or all of these. Say you had restrictions, a player in the OD wouldn't be able to talk to the recruit when he selects him because an Icon would come up saying he can't be recruited.

We definitely need the option of system or scheme during recruiting. You should be able to pitch scheme and make it hold some weight. Schools that run option shouldn't recruit slow QB's since they can't run the system. etc

Add to this all you'd like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Possible features/items to provide depth...

I agree... But everything added to NCAA is just Fluff at this point until they work on Game Play. NCAA10 is 2 years behind. This is what NCAA 08 should have looked and played like.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

I like the last idea a lot.. Scheme should be a pitch that you can sell to recruits. Or maybe like program tradition at a certain position? Such as USC with running backs, PSU with linebackers, VT with scrambling QB's and so on and so forth. These additions are kinda just more fluff to add to an already fluff stuffed game, but I'd like to see them make it in sooner or later.

EDIT: I guess the aforementioned thing about position tradition is already sort of part of program tradition, but I'm looking at it as something the AI of those teams would have built in to their recruiting scheme. I don't like seeing an option team with a roster full of pocket passing quarterbacks.

Last edited by seawolves9; 06-24-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Thanks guys. I agree and I put it as the first sentence of the post. There are definitely more pressing needs such as gameplay.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Thanks guys. I agree and I put it as the first sentence of the post. There are definitely more pressing needs such as gameplay.
nevermind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

alexgators1's Arena

OVR: 2

Good list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »