Home

New Idea for EA to help with future roster issues (long)

This is a discussion on New Idea for EA to help with future roster issues (long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4
New Idea for EA to help with future roster issues (long)

I do not know how it works and i am not claiming to, but it sounds like there is one roster guy. I am sure that he has a small team that works with him, but you guys really get on to this "guy" and if you look at it, this is a huge job. I can imagine that this is a tough job so my idea is to hire a group of people that have a football background that can be like talent scouts for NCAA football series. These scouts will just watch football and at the end of the year these guys sit down with the roster programmers and they go through and give their ratings based on a players performance during the course of a season. Also these scouts would be responsible for watching high school films and comparing rivals, scout, athlon, and espn recruiting ratings to get an accurate rating for incoming freshman. I think this would help the roster guy get the ratings as close to accurate as possible. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: New Idea for EA to help with future roster issues (long)

Something needs to be done..

I perceived it as it being one guy as well..

He obviously didn't do a very good job as we all know, but that is A LOT of work. EA needs to get a hold of some of these roster fanatics that we all get our rosters from each year and give them some cash to do the job for them IMO.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK21
He obviously didn't do a very good job as we all know
that's unfair since none of us have seen his work. the roster mix up had nothing to do with him.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

let me say this before anyone else posts. THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO DEBATE WHETHER OR NOT THE GUY DID A GOOD JOB THIS YEAR. WE HAVE SAID ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID ABOUT THE GUY AND THE JOB. this is a thread to suggest new ideas for how to better the process of rating players. Even the guys that "fix" the rosters probably do not watch enough football to know what the LG on the LA Tech team should be rated. i think it needs to be a large group of regional scouts.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

but you don't have any way of knowing how good/bad the ratings are this year. I think your idea is good but realistically it will never happen because that's too many people to devote to one aspect of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

You are absolutly right about this years roster since we havent even seen the correct roster file. Having said that, i will argue that the roster is 1.a. as for as priorities for a game based on people. 1.b. is obviously gameplay.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

If they were to release the spreadsheet file of the "correct rosters" it would be a better gauge of how good this guy is. If the teambuilder rosters were a very early build I would be a little more lenient, however I would want to meet the guy who botched the uploading.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmOU72
I do not know how it works and i am not claiming to, but it sounds like there is one roster guy. I am sure that he has a small team that works with him, but you guys really get on to this "guy" and if you look at it, this is a huge job. I can imagine that this is a tough job so my idea is to hire a group of people that have a football background that can be like talent scouts for NCAA football series. These scouts will just watch football and at the end of the year these guys sit down with the roster programmers and they go through and give their ratings based on a players performance during the course of a season. Also these scouts would be responsible for watching high school films and comparing rivals, scout, athlon, and espn recruiting ratings to get an accurate rating for incoming freshman. I think this would help the roster guy get the ratings as close to accurate as possible. What do you guys think?
Those are fine ideas, but there is no way EA is going to make room in their budget for a whole team of employees dedicated to rosters that aren't even technically supposed to represent real players, for a game that sells around one third as many copies as Madden or FIFA. Making perfect rosters isn't going to increase sales my much if any, nor will it effect the game's review scores, so EA has no incentive to spend money on making great rosters when average ones will do.

I think, if they really care about making accurate rosters, they should make use of people like us, who can provide accurate info about everything from player talents to equipment, and are willing to basically work for free from the internet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »