Home

Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP)

This is a discussion on Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP)

We are just under two months out from Madden, and less than a month from NCAA. As is customary, I am telling the mod crew to be more aggressive and less forgiving with infractions. What this means to you, the user, is hopefully cleaner boards, but possibly more disagreement with the methods. To make this time as clear of trouble as possible, I suggest everyone do the following:

1. Take this time to re-read the TOS. You can find it HERE. Whether you agree with some of the rules stated there or not, please abide by them.
  2. Make yourself aware of our "Search" function on the forums. In the top right of every forum and thread is a "Search this forum/thread" drop down menu. You can use this to search for specific terms BEFORE you start a brand new thread. If you are looking for extremely specific information (i.e. specific ratings on a player), click the "Show Posts" option in the search feature to show individual posts instead of entire threads.
  3. Think before you hit "Submit". We don't allow flaming or bashing here. That is a finality, and will not change. We encourage opinions, both negative and positive, but if you do so blindly and without explanation, you are going to have your thread locked and more than likely receive an infraction. "Rosters suck" is not a valid point. "QB12 on Navy is much faster in real life than I feel he is represented in the game" is much closer to valid. Think about what you are posting, especially if you are upset. Reactionary posts never go well.
  4. DO NOT ENGAGE OTHER POSTERS LOOKING FOR A REACTION. If someone breaks a rule, do not reply to them trying to correct them yourself. Everyone knows in football that the "second guy always gets caught", meaning the guy who is responding to a late hit always gets the penalty. It rings very true here, and if you are responding to someone who has decided to take the low road, you will more than likely be punished as well as he is.
  5. I will reiterate one part of the TOS - Two infractions and you spend a week away from our entire forums and a month away from the specific forum you received the infractions in. That means two infractions in the NCAA forum, and you won't see release. Two in Madden and you will be very, very close to not seeing it. You want rosters from NCAA? You can't access the rosters forum in the cell. Think before you post.

That's it, folks. Please try to stay calm and as professional as you can be around here. None of the mods enjoy banning people, but we do it on a necessity basis. Don't be the next one we need to do it to.

Chris Gunter
Forum Administrator

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP)

In addition to "search by terms" can a "search by phrase" be added? The current engine gives way too many results.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
In addition to "search by terms" can a "search by phrase" be added? The current engine gives way too many results.
I feel you on that, VBulletin's search is weak. You guys need to add an OS Google search to the search tab, it works great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »