Home

Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...)

This is a discussion on Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
a new unrealistic spin. As long as some of the teams out of the 120 real teams that are in the game continue to pad their season with a game against an FCS team every year there is no excuse for the FCS teams to not be in the game in the correct way.

It is ok that you like teambuilder that shows to me how unrealistic you like your dynasty to be and that pretty much shows me how to value your opinions.
There is...Look what happened when Western Kentucky was added last year. They broke the game. Now imagine implementing like 50 or so D1AA teams. Not only would it potentially break the game again (confirmed by a developer) but it would use up a lot of space. Thats a lot of teams, jerseys, and stadiums that would have to be added. And then you factor in all the players that would have to be added 70x50(?)=3500 players... The generic FCS teams are different because they have what 4 teams, 1 jersey (away), and no stadium or any other interaction involved. I dont see whats wrong with just creating the teams with teambuilder...

Last edited by Potatoes002; 06-29-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #26
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

dynasty mode is pretty much unrealistic after 1 season, fake recruits, etc....

create-a-team doesn't make a game unrealistic. if it does, then there aren't many realistic sports games out there. NFL 2k5? nope, it had create-a-team. this is an example of taking "sim" or "realistic" a little too far. create-a-team is pretty much standard with sports games.

I agree about they should allow us to replace the generic FCS team with Teambuilder teams or just having real FCS teams in the game to begin with. it's one of my few complains about TeamBuilder.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
You are doing a great job at trying to defend teambuilder but you have not yet mentioned one way that it helps represent what college football actually is in 2010.
here's a real quick example of a real life situation that Teambuilder could help recreate. I can't remember the exact year, but when I was younger in the late 80s or early 90s I attended every home game of the Cal Poly Mustangs. Cal Poly had two jerseys green at home white on the road and that's it they never wore anything else. One year it was announced mid season that their head coach wouldn't be coming back the following year. In the last home game of the season to everyone's surprise the Mustangs came out in Black jerseys to show support for their coach. As far as I know they've never worn those jerseys before or since. I understand they're a FCS school so it's a little different, but say a FBS school does something similiar the only way to accurately represent that real life situation would be with a program like Teambuilder so stop hating.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #28
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
There is...Look what happened when Western Kentucky was added last year. They broke the game. Now imagine implementing like 50 or so D1AA teams. Not only would it potentially break the game again (confirmed by a developer) but it would use up a lot of space. Thats a lot of teams, jerseys, and stadiums that would have to be added. The generic FCS teams are different because they have what 4 teams, 1 jersey (away), and no stadium or any other interaction involved. I dont see whats wrong with just creating the teams with teambuilder...
I was waiting for somebody to mention the things that you did. The problem with western kentucky breaking the game was EA's fault. Anything they add, change, or modify in the game could potentially break it. It is not an excuse to fear adding things.

I can understand the FCS stadiums taking a lot of disk space. I honestly do not think that many people would be upset if they played in a generic stadium. If you are not playing as an FCS you would probably never see their stadium anyhow. I do not think the teams would take up to much disk space. A team is pretty much just ratings and a uniform. Look at how many teams are in FIFA. I am sure it could be done.

I already mentioned a zillion times why teambuilder is not a solution to the lack of FCS teams.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:06 AM   #29
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't mind some unrealistic-ness in a video game. If I want my NAIA school in the SEC then I'm gunna do it. And the thought of "This is just too fake for me" will not cross my mind when I beat the power houses. I like a little unrealistic in my life. Especially in a game.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 AM   #30
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
. I understand they're a FCS school so it's a little different, but say a FBS school does something similiar the only way to accurately represent that real life situation would be with a program like Teambuilder so stop hating.
I am not hating. I am just debating. In the end we are all football fans and we all might want something a little different out of the game.
I wanted to share my view and hope that you would understand and be able to take something from it. I also look at your views and see where you are coming from.
I know that the game can not be perfect for everybody.
Just a debate. No hate.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 29

I was just being fresh with the hate line. I understand where you and some others are coming from. I don't think anyone would say they wouldn't want to be able to replace those generic FCS schools, but for me and obviously the hundreds of thousands of other people that have already created schools on Teambuilder it doesn't entirely ruin the feature.

Again to me the thing that's really great about it is the versatility it offers. If you want to create a high school, NAIA, Juco, FCS, Div 2, Div 3, NFL, Canadian, Arena, USFL, or any other team you can. If you want to completely make up a team you can. If you want to make a team from a movie you can. And you don't have to use these schools in dynasty mode you can DL a bunch of schools and play tourneys. You could even recreate the actual 2010 FCS Playoffs if you wanted.

Or if you want to keep things totally true to life and create an actual alternate jersey for a FBS school that they forgot to tell EA about you can. I'm sure right now there are UConn and Oregon fans out there using Teambuilder to try and update their schools new uniforms because they weren't able to get them in time to put in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Why...

Do we still have the same commentary from NCAA 2004?

Is there still no true pocket?

Is the presentation STILL stale and repetitive?

Are there no FCS teams?

Is there a fumble fest again?

Is the challenge system still broken?

Is there no pass rush?

Is nearly every pass a reception, interception, or knockdown?

Ea, I just have one question: why?
Add two things to this...

Why is the Weather Channel feature advertised every year and never works?

Why does EA advertise field degradation and this feature doesn't work?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »