Home

How do you get pressure on the CPU QB?

This is a discussion on How do you get pressure on the CPU QB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #89
Rookie

pwnedbygregg's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How do you get pressure on the CPU QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
1. You shouldn't have to change the game plan strategy to make the d-line play worth a darn. A good o-line vs d-line interaction is what should do that, obviously this game doesn't have that.
Why the hell not? I don't know if you have ever actually ever played football but it's pretty common for a defensive as well as offensive coordinator to change there game plan strategy if what they originally had is ineffective. What do you think half-time adjustments are. If something is not working than you need to make the proper adjustments to the personnel to get things working.

Whether it be switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to get more guys up front or changing d-line gap assignments, adding stunts or whatever it may be. And there are plenty of times where a d-coordinator will be unsuccessful up front and not able to get pressure. You do know it is possible for a o-line to be superior to the d-line they're facing so a d-coord. might have to throw in another player to get pressure whether is be LB, CB, or S.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #90
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

I dont know why folks have so much trouble with this. Using Carlos Dunlap (#8 DE for Florida) I get 2-3 sacks a game and thats in the demo. I remember last year in online dynasty I have 30+ sacks with him in one season. If you have a fast DE it isn't that hard.
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #91
Rookie

pwnedbygregg's Arena

OVR: 1

Exactly, I don't know if people are not doing good enough recruiting with d-tackles and d-ends but I have never really had a problem getting to the QB if i'm controlling a LB or D-end. But I do see where people are coming from that the CPU controlled d-line usually ineffective at least 50% of the time, but when controlling my own player the pressure i get is plenty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 25

i averaged 6-8 sacks per game in 09 and about 4-5 in the 10 demo.....Granted it was by controlling the SS and running right through the gapping holes in the OL since they dont now enough to block him.

^^^ The above was pure cheddar, which i am 100% against, but i was just pointing out a sure fire way to get sacks 90% of the time. Good way to generate pressure, but you leave only 1 man back to cover deep.

In the Demo JUST LIKE 09, the QB has the A-mazing ability to throw pinpoint passes falling backwards off 1 foot and hit a WR 50 yrds deep. My philosophy for NCAA10...If the QB is a GOD...Then i am blitzing my SS for a sac 8/10 times.....You run RIGHT THROUGH the OL UNTOUCHED. MAYBE once in a blu moon th RB will attempt to block you, but this is VERY VERY seldom.

Fun Demo and i am picking this up after the patch, but the gameplay is AWFUL and needs a major overhaul.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 34

The key to me is: Can I break a block?

If I can get some "wins", I'll be cool.

The first thing Im going to do is play UF, vs. Florida Atlantic.

I better see a difference in trying to beat their Right Tackle with Dunlap vs. trying to beat Oklahoma's.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #94
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm the OP, and last night I played with some suggestions in this article and got a whopping 4 sacks and 12 hurries. Even got the graphic to pop up at the bottom. I was Oklahoma.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
I'm the OP, and last night I played with some suggestions in this article and got a whopping 4 sacks and 12 hurries. Even got the graphic to pop up at the bottom. I was Oklahoma.
Wow! What exactly did you do? I play on A.A. and I have got maybe 10 sacks altogether and most of those are from LB's and DB's. I would love to see some more DL sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #96
MVP

OVR: 34

Is "down" on the right stick supposed to trigger a bullrush?

I know that right is a spin, and left is a Rip/Swim type move.

Id be interested to see how a 3-4 works controlling the nose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »