Home

midnight release

This is a discussion on midnight release within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 02:15 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: midnight release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Thats what I usually do.
Haha, I went by a game store to get Gears of War and there was a line around the block. Decided to go to Wal Mart and not only was there not a single person there, I went and asked the guy stocking if I could get a copy a few minutes early (had about an hour to midnight), so he opened a box and handed me a copy.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
Rookie

ksucats's Arena

OVR: 4

usually my gamestop will call me a couple days before release and tell me about the midnight release.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Walmart is a great place for midnight releases of street dated games. Walmart is open 24/7 so you can buy food or read a magazine while you wait. Since the game is street dated Walmart gets it 3-5 days early so you know it will be in stock.

Exactly what i do. And there normally is hardly anyone in the store so i get in and out of there quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I pre-ordered my copy on Friday, and asked the manager on my way out if they were doing the midnight release for this year, as they have the past several years, and he told me "Yes, we'll always have a midnight opening for NCAA."

I can't say it surprises me, here in Alabama college football has been and always will be king.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

My local Gamestop has a sign in the storefront window advertising a midnight release next week, so I have to assume they are doing it. I'm a bit surprised because college football isn't huge in my area (North Jersey). Maybe some bandwagon Rutgers fans who have become interested in the past few years, but nothing on the level of SEC country.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 07-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
My local Gamestop has a sign in the storefront window advertising a midnight release next week, so I have to assume they are doing it. I'm a bit surprised because college football isn't huge in my area (North Jersey). Maybe some bandwagon Rutgers fans who have become interested in the past few years, but nothing on the level of SEC country.
Hmm, maybe the Gamestop by me will do it too, since I live about 30 min from West Point, and an hour or so from Piscataway. But, I wont do a midnight release, unless I am near Wal-Mart, and out of my house. I also have work the next day, so I will probably be sleeping. But, I will definitely try to get over to Best Buy or Gamestop.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was order number 14 at my Gamestop, so no midnight for me. I was also surprised at how clueless the guys were; they had no knowledge of the extra Teambuilder slots, and no information on the "exclusive Madden demo" advertised on a huge sign in their window. My store is usually geekier than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #16
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm always in South Georgia during the summer when I'm not at Ole Miss. Where I'm at, I'm about 2hrs from Auburn, 1hr from Florida State, and about 4hrs from Georgia.

Always a midnight release here. ha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »