Home

midnight release

This is a discussion on midnight release within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #25
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: midnight release

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksucats
usually my gamestop will call me a couple days before release and tell me about the midnight release.
My game stop calls me too but its always a chick that sounds hot on the pre recorded message! However she is never there

I will be going to the midnight release as well. I also have taken the rest of the week off. College Football is a Big deal in Texas... Heck Pee Wee football would sell out if they made a game in Texas!

Hook'em

UFL League Member: Cowboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: midnight release

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRice16
It also has to do with the mall/shopping center that the GameStop is in. Some malls will not allow tenants to be open during non-mall hours. I know one mall here is like that, while the other mall in town has a big opening. This despite them both being owned by the same company.
That happened to me last year. I went to the Gamestop in my local mall around midnight on the night Madden was supposedly coming out and lo and behold, nobody was there. I was surprised because they had done midnight releases before. Turns out that they didn't want to pay the security guards overtime to stay there for the midnight release and they didn't want any trouble after-hours. Kids loitering in the mall after they get the game, trying to get into other stores, alarms going off, etc. I guess it was too much of a hassle for them.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »