Home

Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10?

This is a discussion on Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Out of the loop - so what's wrong with NCAA10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
If they want to make an arcade game, they should keep it on the Wii.

Please give us older people a sim game, its the reason we bought NEXT GENERATION consoles.
Sad but true. I didn't realise that last gen and next gen games weren't the same. That's why I bought a 360... for the graphics to play NCAA and MADDEN. Man was I ever let down
Old 07-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #34
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Guys, the mighty dollar doesn't discriminate. 8 year olds money is worth the same as ours. You have to remember, casual fans looking for the gimmick probably outnumber the hardcore sim group 100 to 1.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #35
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Please give us older people a sim game, its the reason we bought NEXT GENERATION consoles.

I don't think we matter anymore.......I assume like me, you are form the Nintendo Generation of the 80's (I'm 31)???? Well, at one time our generation was THE DRIVING FORCE of the Video Game revolution, not anymore....

They would rather make games for 12 year olds that don't want to read the instruction booklet or learn how to play an "Advanced" game....Gen Y's attention span is so short, they figure the kids will just selll the game after a month, so they just slap together a 80% finished game and rush it to the shelves...

REMEMBER WHERE ALL YOU $$$$ IN THE 90'S CAME FROM EA, WELL, WE ARE ALL GROWN UP NOW!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #36
Banned

LSUsmitty's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

I agree whole-heartedly.

I would also like take it one step further. Make two dics. Put the kiddy version on one disc, and put the "Sim" version on another. This would also alleviate the problem of stadium, player art and other space issues related to coding.

Two Blu-ray discs, spread out other features on the other dics. This way, Erin Andrews can cover your "road to glory" on her very own disc for the kiddies, and save the serious game playing to disc one. I'm being bit facicious, and for that i'm sorry. But why this isnt explored, i'll never know. Also, I appologize for my ignorance on coding games, I don't know how to code games, but I do have some common sense knowledge on space issues.

For those consoles (XBOX) that dont have blu-ray, well....make them DVDs.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Guys, the mighty dollar doesn't discriminate. 8 year olds money is worth the same as ours. You have to remember, casual fans looking for the gimmick probably outnumber the hardcore sim group 100 to 1.
Yeah, I don't know about that. For Madden I would say yes but NCAA is more of an acquired taste. It's not as mainstream as NCAA and doesn't get nearly enough attention. Let's say more like 25-1 Your point is a good one though.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:

^^ i could not agree more. Making games for the CASUALS 1st and "US" 2nd is KILLING sports games overall. They hav to be made so EVERYONE can be happy. Due to this, hardcore SIM gamers are being left out to dry.

You know why that ticks me off so bad? Because the HARDCORE SIM GAMERS MADE your game what it is today. NCAA/MADDEN would never had amounted to squat without a LOYAL hardcore crowd. It wasn't made for EVERYONE, it was made for gamers who want realistic football. Fast forward to now.....US loyal followers are now BARELY even a thought in the whole process (M10 finally has gotten the SIM attention this year tho.) with NCAA...Gimmicks, gimmicks and more gimmicks....When will it end?

All i would like to see is a stat on how many people REALLY love SS and Season Showdown sponsored by Coke Zero. Since i am a betting man, i would guess that number is NO higher than 5-9%. Seems like a waste to focus on such a SMALL group.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #39
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFolded
I don't think we matter anymore.......I assume like me, you are form the Nintendo Generation of the 80's (I'm 31)???? Well, at one time our generation was THE DRIVING FORCE of the Video Game revolution, not anymore....

They would rather make games for 12 year olds that don't want to read the instruction booklet or learn how to play an "Advanced" game....Gen Y's attention span is so short, they figure the kids will just selll the game after a month, so they just slap together a 80% finished game and rush it to the shelves...

REMEMBER WHERE ALL YOU $$$$ IN THE 90'S CAME FROM EA, WELL, WE ARE ALL GROWN UP NOW!!!!!!
Nah I'm 16 haha...I just said older because well, I'm older than 12, and I think only 12 year olds are the ones who want to score 100 points a game with florida and have their points count for a fake national championship.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #40
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Take Madden this year for example. Look at how the Next Gen versions went the sim route, and the Wii version went arcadey. NCAA discontinued to the Wii version because it didn't sell well, was that not an indicator that said "THE CASUAL GAMING CROWD ISN'T THAT BIG". Wii's are cheap and easy to play, they scream CASUAL. No 12 year old is going to buy a PS3 or 360 to play his little disney games, his parents will get him the cheap and easy Wii.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »