Home

Ex-Rutgers QB Suing EA

This is a discussion on Ex-Rutgers QB Suing EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Ex-Rutgers QB Suing EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
But we agree...If EA never got a release for this, then there is an issue..No?
No. They are no longer in college, so their true likeness can be used. Michigan has Pierre Woods in a picture where you can see his last name on the jersey on the game. Is he suing? No.

If they used a player still in college, it would be illegal. But, since the school gives the pictures, the player could not sue EA. The school? Yes, if the school did not have the right to the picture of him.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
No. They are no longer in college, so their true likeness can be used. Michigan has Pierre Woods in a picture where you can see his last name on the jersey on the game. Is he suing? No.

If they used a player still in college, it would be illegal. But, since the school gives the pictures, the player could not sue EA. The school? Yes, if the school did not have the right to the picture of him.
But, this is what makes the difference...Do the NCAA Coverboys get paid for their image?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

as a wiseman named Mike Gundy once said during his "I'm a Man" rant, "Where are we @ in society today?"
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...keness-in-game

Not because of some random QB #13, but because of the photographs that display when you select your "Favorite Team"
Where does it say in that article because of what is displayed when selecting a favorite team? I couldnt find it there.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #21
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Where does it say in that article because of what is displayed when selecting a favorite team? I couldnt find it there.
Thats the only thing it could be for...I mean he hasn't played college ball going on 5 years now, Keller was only what a year removed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #22
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

Also just thought this would make this a bit more interesting...

Ryan Hart's father in law is former Rutgers AD Bob Mulcahy
Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #23
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

If this guy can sue, do my buddies have a case? If you have NCAA Football 07, turn your favorite team to Cal. There are TWO pictures of guys with their chests painted in Cal colors spelling out Go Cal Bears. Those group of guys are my HIGH SCHOOL (minor children, mind you) football teammates. We were from Bartlett High School (home of Zack Bowman and Mario Chalmers) in Anchorage, Alaska on a high school football trip to play against Sacramento High School. We did not discover that we were in the game until almost a 6 months after release. Not a single one of us signed any waivers or any kind of release form. I can imagine that if we were indeed students at Cal that we may not have a case, but being minor children basically with some of us as young as 15 can't be legal. Granted a lot of us were thrilled to be in a video game, unless one of us became money hungry i don't see anyone suing. I just thought i'd ask what would actually hold up in court, Rutgers or High Schoolers?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #24
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
If this guy can sue, do my buddies have a case? If you have NCAA Football 07, turn your favorite team to Cal. There are TWO pictures of guys with their chests painted in Cal colors spelling out Go Cal Bears. Those group of guys are my HIGH SCHOOL (minor children, mind you) football teammates. We were from Bartlett High School (home of Zack Bowman and Mario Chalmers) in Anchorage, Alaska on a high school football trip to play against Sacramento High School. We did not discover that we were in the game until almost a 6 months after release. Not a single one of us signed any waivers or any kind of release form. I can imagine that if we were indeed students at Cal that we may not have a case, but being minor children basically with some of us as young as 15 can't be legal. Granted a lot of us were thrilled to be in a video game, unless one of us became money hungry i don't see anyone suing. I just thought i'd ask what would actually hold up in court, Rutgers or High Schoolers?
I'm sure there is some sort of release when you purchase a ticket...either wise there would be no people on the Jumbotron nor crowd shots during broadcasts...

Also nice try making a dig at the birthplace of College football, trying to say high school kids hold more weight than an University.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »