Home

Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

This is a discussion on Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #57
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Or maybe you're only 14 years old and not a grown up that has bills to pay and responsibilities so you dont have to worry about money in your life but for a grown up that needs income, you wouldnt do it for free.
Nope, I'm 31, own a house, work at a Social Science Research Center for the University of Chicago.....And, all my bills are paid...
Old 07-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
I know for people not involved with software these seem like foreign concepts but that doesn't make them any less true. When computers began to hit mainstream and software became prevalent it was a totally new paradigm and new rules had to be applied. This happens anytime there is a shift like this or a totally new product category is introduced. The complexity of software design is so far beyond anything up to this point that it requires new rules. If the rules said software cannot be released if there is ANYTHING broken, THERE WOULD BE NO SOFTWARE. Especially if the definition of broken is "does not meet the standards of every individual consumer" as it seems to on these boards. And this is coming from someone disappointed in NCAA!

If you buy a car and after a few weeks of driving it decide you aren't happy with the comfort of the seats, the car is not broken, you may not be as happy driving it as you thought you would be but the car still gets you from A to B. If later on it turns out that one of the parts of the car is defective and its the manufacturers fault, they issue a recall and fix it for free or at a reduced rate. THIS IS A PATCH! The principle is the same.

I don't want to go round and round arguing the semantics of what broken and unplayable mean to everyone, I just was hoping to shed some light on this from someone familiar with the industry and not associated with EA (sorry adam but i get the feeling some here won't believe a word you tell them hehe).
I hear what you are saying, but I don't buy it. If you want to conduct business and sell something, then that product should be assured to work. I don't care if it is software or not. What is going to happen in England when if the software bill going through the courts are passed? What will happen in the USA if we get those same laws? It isn't as far fetched as you think.

I will say this as well... If you can't program software that isn't bug free, then you shouldn't be selling it. Sorry, but that is the way I feel.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #59
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
My bad....yes, I agree with you

I just really hate when people tell me 'forget what's already happened and let's move forward'. It's a cop-out in my opinion, because most of the time the best way to move forward is to figure out who/what screwed up in the first place.

Not that it matters to any of us here.
Exactly. It shouldn't matter to you guys why something happened. Besides, it would be very unprofessional of me to go into what happened and who did what on a public forum.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFolded
Nope, I'm 31, own a house, work at a Social Science Research Center for the University of Chicago.....And, all my bills are paid...
Ah so you're just doing a social experiment then..... on the psychosis of sports video gamers. Let me know how crazy we are. Wait.....I already know....

Is there a social disorder that has something to do with weird analogies spiraling out of control?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #61
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
I hear what you are saying, but I don't buy it. If you want to conduct business and sell something, then that product should be assured to work. I don't care if it is software or not. What is going to happen in England when if the software bill going through the courts are passed? What will happen in the USA if we get those same laws? It isn't as far fetched as you think.

I will say this as well... If you can't program software that isn't bug free, then you shouldn't be selling it. Sorry, but that is the way I feel.
your console must be lonely having no games to play. I've yet to play a game that was bug free and I've been playing games for probably 20 years. well maybe Pong.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #62
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh

if thats the case then there shouldn't be one single video game developer selling a video game.

ALL video games have bugs/glitches. Its the nature of the beast.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
if thats the case then there shouldn't be one single video game developer selling a video game.

ALL video games have bugs/glitches. Its the nature of the beast.
But many are hidden.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
your console must be lonely having no games to play. I've yet to play a game that was bug free and I've been playing games for probably 20 years. well maybe Pong.
But many don't effect the gameplay the way NCAA does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »